PDA

View Full Version : Question about Deployment and LOS

Ganso
10-16-2015, 02:45 PM
This question was already answered to me privately, so I just figured I would ask again here for posterity.

Assuming all models are perfectly aligned on the deployment line, or that I clearly declared my intent to do so upon deploying, is it true that they all have LOS to each other? And is it true that this is regardless of base size?

SageofLodoss
10-16-2015, 02:53 PM
This question was already answered to me privately, so I just figured I would ask again here for posterity.

Assuming all models are perfectly aligned on the deployment line, or that I clearly declared my intent to do so upon deploying, is it true that they all have LOS to each other? And is it true that this is regardless of base size?

If you set it up properly and with that intent, yes. LOS lines can be very thin, and thus drawn from edge of base to edge of base. This gets around base sizes because the line would be skirting along the parallel of all involved bases rather than passing over or through an intervening portion.

bamblerow
10-16-2015, 11:04 PM
A relevant link: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?102728-LOS-and-Blocking&highlight=blocking

Grey Templar
10-16-2015, 11:13 PM
Yes, because Line of Sight is drawn using a line. Which by definition has no width and thus cannot be blocked if everything is perfectly tangent. This is also why its impossible for 3 bases of the same size to block LoS to each other if nothing else is involved. IE: a model with base size X cannot hide from another model with base size X behind a third model with base size X if there are no other factors in play.

Juris
10-17-2015, 10:28 AM
If you set it up properly and with that intent, yes. LOS lines can be very thin, and thus drawn from edge of base to edge of base. This gets around base sizes because the line would be skirting along the parallel of all involved bases rather than passing over or through an intervening portion.

It is impossible for any model on the front rank to not have LOS to every other model in the front rank, if they are all deployed at max distance.