PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - Battle Tracking

psychotrshman
10-21-2015, 04:44 PM
I would like to see battle tracking in app. Somewhere to document wins and losses along with my collection. I think having it attached to lists would be incredible but not sure if that's possible.

Biokinetica
10-21-2015, 07:43 PM
You can totally track win-loss ratio per list. You don't even need to save the list in your army list archive. Assuming there's a unique ID for each card (cardID) and some standard way to combine the those IDs (Android.Stuff.LOL.concat() ), you can take that new value delivered and hash it to create a unique list ID (listID) that can can hold the win-loss ratio for the specific list. This would be internally different from the army lists you create, so that if you for some reason accidentally delete the list, the stats aren't lost. Every time you use a list in the future, this whole process is repeated and the resultant hashes are checked against the ones already stored and existing stats are updated if there's a match.

Juris
10-21-2015, 07:56 PM
You can totally track win-loss ratio per list. You don't even need to save the list in your army list archive. Assuming there's a unique ID for each card (cardID) and some standard way to combine the those IDs (Android.Stuff.LOL.concat() ), you can take that new value delivered and hash it to create a unique list ID (listID) that can can hold the win-loss ratio for the specific list. This would be internally different from the army lists you create, so that if you for some reason accidentally delete the list, the stats aren't lost. Every time you use a list in the future, this whole process is repeated and the resultant hashes are checked against the ones already stored and existing stats are updated if there's a match.

Bitcoins!!!!!

Biokinetica
10-21-2015, 07:59 PM
Bitcoins!!!!!
Bitcoin won't be necessary. And no, this won't be very good for bitcoin.

Juris
10-21-2015, 09:17 PM
Bitcoin won't be necessary. And no, this won't be very good for bitcoin.

Eh, I was just thinking that his description sounded like Bitcoin protocol. But I'm not programmer, so probably all programming talk sounds that way to me.

Biokinetica
10-22-2015, 03:24 AM
I know (the running joke about bitcoin is that everything's "good for bitcoin"). Any software developer that knows how to tie their shoes will understand everything I just said. The people at Tinker House could do this if they wanted.

CascadianKovnik
10-22-2015, 09:14 AM
This could also provide an amazing data set for the game developers. Pull the results back into a central database that they can query. If the battle tracking could be tied to lists you could start to get great information on which casters are getting taken, who's struggling or who's overpowered, etc.

You'd get thousands more data points than any tournament results that are coming in. You'd still have to take the self selected sample with a grain of salt, but I think it would be a great viewpoint.

Either way, it should also include victory condition (Assassination, Scenario, Clock).

Welshhoppo
10-22-2015, 10:42 AM
That would be awesome, syncing pools the results into an international leaderboard.

It just relies on people not faking victories.