PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - Larger Icons

LankyOgre
10-29-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm not sure if this is really a feature request or just a critique, but most of the buttons are still tiny. I was trying to play with the collection manager and kept hitting +10 just because of button size. I'm on a kindle fire and the buttons are smaller than a pencil eraser.

TinkerLane
10-29-2015, 06:12 PM
I'm sure we'll talk a lot about this one.

I think part of the solution will be to make some buttons bigger. But we run into layout problems trying to accommodate larger buttons on some screen sizes. I actually think that 7" and below tablets will work better in portrait mode when we get there.

Regardless, this is definitely something I know we'll have to address.

CaptCommy
10-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Even just an option to have bigger buttons would be nice. I'm on a Nexus 7 and have the same issue (and have pretty spindly fingers, to boot)

Nardman
10-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Spacing the buttons apart could be helpful as well. Currently, this UI(as did the original War Room) feels like it was designed for a mouse pointer, not a touch interface.

warder808
10-30-2015, 11:55 AM
I agree with the above user. All of the lists have no space in between the items. This makes pressing the wrong selection way too easy. If there was enough space between items this would not happen so much. You have an unlimited amount of space to scroll through, it's not a piece of paper, you wont run out of space.

Many of my issues with this iteration of the app share the same critique. EVERYTHING is too small.

The Tags, great idea for sorting and quickly finding things. The window that pops up to create and add tags, is like 10% of the screen. Why not make it larger? I can only see 4 previously created Tags, and I have to start scrolling. The accept button is tiny. Why is this so small? If I end up clicking the background somehow, the Tag screen disappears.

Why is the Sort By and Order by Buttons smaller than a penny?!
Why are the menus that come out of there super tiny as well? These should be magnitudes of order larger.

Sort List by Tag: The menu doesn't want to scroll past 2 lines. So if I make a bunch of tags, I cant access them.

The size of all the menus and buttons make using the app a chore, instead of a seemless process.

TinkerLane
10-30-2015, 04:42 PM
Please go weigh in here:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?240465-UI-Size-Examples-Please-Download

Legacy40k
10-30-2015, 07:03 PM
Spacing the buttons apart could be helpful as well. Currently, this UI(as did the original War Room) feels like it was designed for a mouse pointer, not a touch interface.

Good idea.. but visually they will look "off" if you do that. Wider buttons would have the same effect and look better, but still not ideal.

Blaque
10-30-2015, 08:58 PM
I'm sure we'll talk a lot about this one.

I think part of the solution will be to make some buttons bigger. But we run into layout problems trying to accommodate larger buttons on some screen sizes. I actually think that 7" and below tablets will work better in portrait mode when we get there.

When I had War Room on a Nexus 7, this was actually the case. The Mobile version of the app and as a result, it's single-pane portrait mode, did wonders for usability on that device size.

And stuff.