PDA

View Full Version : Why are the buttons o tiny????

netdragon
10-30-2015, 01:28 AM
First thing after loading for the first time, the buttons are WAY TINY.

Really, I know artwork is cool and maybe PP is asking to include it to give the "PP Experience", but come on, they are insanely small!!!

Doesn't google have some guidelines for this? I know there's some document about this from them.

netdragon
10-30-2015, 01:39 AM
Buttons are so tiny, the "development build" advise covers the whole line of buttons on the bottom right of the screen...

netdragon
10-30-2015, 01:40 AM
And now we have a lot of new buttons with excelent new features of sorting and tagging I can't press.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy tab, standard tablet size. I can't imagine how it is on a phone.

darth-swen
10-30-2015, 03:44 AM
I can't imagine how it is on a phone.
just impossible to use... even on a large screen

rantmo
10-30-2015, 03:51 AM
Trying to use the collection buttons on a Nexus 7 was an exercise in hilarity/frustration. Hell, getting to the collection screen in the first place was terrible because of how small the text is.

MoFaux
10-30-2015, 04:06 AM
+1

Just want to chime in to say I agree. I am using the iPad version on an iPad2 and many buttons are way too small and close together for my fat thumbs.

Examples.
-Card list and Reference buttons on the bottom of the screen. Should be farther apart and/or bigger.
-In the card list. the cluster of buttons in the top left corner are virtually impossible for my fat thumbs to individually target. They need to be bigger and/or farther apart.
-same goes for the filter/sort button cluster in the army creation screen.

warder808
10-30-2015, 06:08 AM
Hi.

I am just writing to chime in on this. I have a Nexus 7. These buttons are obscenely small. I dont understand why you have all this space and you waste most of it. The buttons should be at least 3x as large.

The size of many things are too small. When I add a unit to a list the next window which asks if I want a min or max is way too small. This thing should be very large. It is the only thing I can interact with while it is up, so why is it so small?

TinkerLane
10-30-2015, 09:11 AM
Just to put this here as well.

This will be addressed in two ways. The first is that we'll be tweaking the button size on many things. However, we strongly feel that for 7" tablets and lower a portrait layout is going to be better. Portrait layout support will be coming later in the beta.

Nardman
10-30-2015, 10:39 AM
Just to add to the chorus here. The UI buttons are far too small for a touch device. This was an issue with the original War Room as well, and I'd love to see it corrected in the new version. Also, exacerbating the issue, the buttons are grouped together extremely tightly. For those of us with fat fingers, it leads to frustrating miss-clicks loading the wrong screens. Please keep in mind touch UI is inherently different from a mouse pointer UI!

Clement
10-30-2015, 10:49 AM
I can't imagine how it is on a phone.

It's worth pointing out that this phase of the beta is labeled "Tablet Devices Only".

cheddercaveman
10-30-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't know if it helps, but in general the iOS guidelines strongly-suggest (I can't remember off the top of my head if its technically a requirement or not) that UI-elements that require user interaction be 44 points minimum I believe. I know from my work that you can do a little less than that, but in general, you don't want to go too much below that.

netdragon
10-30-2015, 12:16 PM
Just to put this here as well.

This will be addressed in two ways. The first is that we'll be tweaking the button size on many things. However, we strongly feel that for 7" tablets and lower a portrait layout is going to be better. Portrait layout support will be coming later in the beta.

Hope you choose functionality over design. This is a "work" app.

cheddercaveman
10-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Hope you choose functionality over design. This is a "work" app.

Functionality in a mobile app IS design. By design I'm talking about being able to easily use the app, being able to easily find what you're looking for, being able to use it without needing a manual, it should all basically be intuitive and for lack of a better phrase "delightful". A feature that is in the app that no one can find and/or knows how to use is basically a waste of everyone's time.

TinkerLane
10-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Please go weigh in here:
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?240465-UI-Size-Examples-Please-Download