PDA

View Full Version : Tartarus bringing banes into unit that is just a standard bearer

UmbrellaCorp487
11-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Title says it all. My buddy and i were not sure how/if this works. Is the standard bearer the leader of the unit making it legal to bring bane grunts into?

The reason i ask is because they need to be revived in command but there is no leader model on the table anymore.

vintersbastard
11-29-2015, 01:39 PM
The standard bearer is at that time the unit commander, so formation is measured from him.

UmbrellaCorp487
11-29-2015, 01:40 PM
Ok cool. We were not sure if the standard is "promoted" in some way or is just considered the unit commander.

UmbrellaCorp487
11-29-2015, 01:41 PM
I suppose the follow up question would be this: after returning one grunt is it then immediately promoted to the leader model?

Larnu
11-29-2015, 01:51 PM
No, the new models would be grunts, and the standard bearer would remain the unit commander.

the_true_druid
11-29-2015, 04:45 PM
However if/when the present standard is destroyed or removed from play you have both the option to "take up" the standard, and must promote a new grunt to be the unit leader.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
11-29-2015, 06:43 PM
However if/when the present standard is destroyed or removed from play you have both the option to "take up" the standard, and must promote a new grunt to be the unit leader.

No, because at this situation Leader model was not destroyed, so you just choose a model to be a new Unit Commander, and you are not allowed to replace a Grunt to a Leader model.

AcidOverride
12-01-2015, 09:41 AM
However, you would need to nominate a new Unit Commander (note that this is different from field promotion and does not change the model)

Many people confuse some terms:

Unit Leader: This is the Leader model included with almost all regular units
Unit Officer: This is an Officer model usually added to a unit via the Unit Attachment rules
Unit Commander: This is the current model that is in charge of the unit. That starts with the Unit Officer (if there is on), moves to the Unit Leader if the Officer dies. If there is no Unit Leader for whatever reason, then another member of the unit is nominated as Unit Commander (but does NOT get replaced or "Field Promoted").