PDA

View Full Version : Continuous effects and immunity

Cuberic
11-30-2015, 08:58 AM
I was wondering what happens If I set my fire eaters on fire with the pyre trolls range weapon then cast his animus on to one of them. Will the continuous effect disappear? and when my next turn comes along will the fire eater be immune to the fire damage from the continuous due to the animus, but still be on fire should it not go out?

Leonard_Dukes
11-30-2015, 09:08 AM
From the rule book:

Hordes: Primal MkII, Immunity to Continuous Effects, p35

Some immunities and special rules also grant immunities to some or all continuous effects (p. 68). A model that is immune to a continuous effect never suffers the effect to which it is immune. The continuous effect is never applied to that model. If a model gains immunity to a continuous effect while the model is suffering that continuous effect, the continuous effect immediately expires.

Note that the Pyre Troll's animus only affects a single model, so only those affected by the animus while suffering Continuous Fire will have the effect immediately expire.

Grey Templar
11-30-2015, 12:48 PM
An exception to the above would be if the Fire Eater was under another effect which made the effect not expire, like Caustic Presence. In which case the continuous effect would not expire even though the animus was on him giving him immunity.

Robobengt
12-01-2015, 12:11 AM
And in that specific scenario, the model on fire would still have to check for fire expiration and fire damage, since the animus that protects it expires before those things happen.

Cuberic
12-01-2015, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the clarification.