PDA

View Full Version : What constitutes a, "Group of Servitors"?

quotemyname
12-01-2015, 09:17 AM
I recently unpacked my Cyriss army to use at game night for the first time in a while.

I put together an Iron Mother army, then realized it was very close to meeting her tier 3 requirements: "The army includes at least three groups of servitor solos" (taken from War Room).

What exactly constitutes a "group of servitor solos"?

I ask because the recent release of Zerkova2 got me thinking about what makes a unit a greylord unit (at least one model must be a greylord model), etc.

Iron Mother's Exponent Servitors clearly cannot satisfy these requirements as they are not solos, but part of a unit.

However, the TEP Battle Engine comes with three Permutation Servitor Solos. They are part of the army list, and are listed as separate solos (although they don't cost any extra points on top of what you pay for the battle engine). In my eyes, this is similar to how a Thrall Warrior Solo is part of your army if you take Alexia1, even if it doesn't start in play.

So, is a, "group of servitor solos":
1. A set of three identical servitor solos, or...
2. Explicitly either, Accretion Servitors, Attunement Servitors, Elimination Servitors, or Reflex Servitors; included in a Cyriss army for 1, 2, 2, or 2 points respectively?

Bottom line, would this list be a tier 4 list, or would it be stuck at tier 2?

Iron Mother & Exponent Servitors +4
- Prime Axiom 19
- Corollary 3
- Monitor 8
- Cipher 9

Optifex Directive 2

Attunement Servitors 2 First Group of Servitor Solos
Elimination Servitors 2 Second Group of Servitor Solos

Transfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors 9 Third Group of Servitor Solos???

Thanks for taking the time to read this. If I put this in the wrong forum, I apologize; I rarely post rules questions based on army building such as this.

DarkLegacy
12-01-2015, 09:19 AM
A group of three servitors from the choices of Accretion Servitors, Attunement Servitors, Elimination Servitors, and/or Reflex Servitors.

Link: https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?206399-Iron-mother-Directrix-Tier-requirements&p=2757358&viewfull=1#post2757358