PDA

View Full Version : Snacking, Tramples, and reaching full health

juckto
12-02-2015, 04:46 PM
My understanding is that if a model with Snacking kills multiple models on a Trample, it snacks once for each model.
I also understand that if I'm at full health I can no longer Snack.
I also understand that trample attacks are resolved simultaneously.

Question: What if I reach full health part-way through doing the Trample attacks?
1. Do the remaining models get Removed from play, or not?
2. If some are RFP'd and some aren't, how do you decide which ones are? Active player, inactive player, or order that they were contacted in?

Grey Templar
12-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Its all simultaneous, including the healing. You apply all the healing after you've resolved all the trample attacks. So I think you could snack all of them and not just enough to get up to full health.

solkan
12-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Its all simultaneous, including the healing. You apply all the healing after you've resolved all the trample attacks. So I think you could snack all of them and not just enough to get up to full health.

No such thing as resolving multiple effects "simultanously". The effects triggered by model destruction follow the instructions in Appendix A, particularly the part added by the FAQ:

At any time two or more abilities are triggered at the same time, such as “attack hit” or “end activation,” the active player chooses the order in which abilities on his models resolve, then the inactive player chooses the order in which abilities on his models resolve.

That means that model with Snacking would go down the list of models that it boxes, and choose in sequence whether to apply snacking.

The difference that the attack rolls being simultaneous makes is that all of the boxed effects get resolved before proceeding to model destruction effects; instead of damaging, boxing and either removing or destroying Model A, then damaging, boxing and either removing or destroying Model B, etc.