PDA

View Full Version : Puppet master question once more.

SeoNN
12-02-2015, 04:56 PM
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?240807-Puppet-Master-and-unusual-damage-rolls&p=3333116&viewfull=1#post3333116 here our dear infernal confirmeed that Magic bullet could be puppeted. It's sounds wierd for me but if the Infernal says it works that way. BUT i'm confused in this situation who must be puppeted to make it works. Puppet master says affected model rerolls but Valander said (https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?166998-Arcane-Secrets-and-Magic-Bullet&p=2130940&viewfull=1#post2130940) (if only i understood him properly) it the spell who generates dmg roll not a warkaster model neither model made hith with "enchanted" range attack. So whom must be puppeted
1) a Warlock hi,self
2) spell target (not model choosed but affected by spell attacking model)
3) model who will became point of origin to MB
4) A warlock himself and only in case HE is a spell target, and so attacking model
5) finishin' not-a-target-who-would-be-chosen (MB dmg suffering model)

juckto
12-02-2015, 05:05 PM
Arcane Secrets does not work the same as Puppet Master and the two rulings are not comparable.

Arcane Secrets:
- Apply Arcane Secrets to warcaster
- Warcaster casts Magic Bullet on himself. Arcane Secrets applies to casting the spell (and does sweet stuff all since casting Magic Bullet doesn't have an attack or damage roll).
- Warcaster shoots his gun, hits something, and Magic Bullet is triggered.
- Arcane Secrets does not apply, because it already expired.

Puppet Master:
- Apply Puppet Master to warcaster
- Warcaster casts Magic Bullet on himself. Puppet Master is irrelevant (because no attack or damage roll when casting it).
- Warcaster shoots his gun (may use Puppet Master on the hit and/or damage roll), hits something, and Magic Bullet is triggered.
- May use Puppet Master when resolving Magic Bullet (if you haven't already used it up)

Similarly if you put Magic Bullet on someone else: Puppet Master must be on the person shooting the gun, if you want to PM the Magic Bullet.

DarkLegacy
12-02-2015, 06:40 PM
juckto is correct.