PDA

View Full Version : Force Hammer through Flag into a Model

Zephyr4213
12-03-2015, 12:16 PM
I just read this thread about ForceHammer and slamming through an incorporeal model (Such as a flag) hoping to find the answer to this question, but was unsuccessful.

https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?95826-Incorporeal-and-Forcehammer&p=1342954&viewfull=1#post1342954

I have a quick clarification question. I played a game last night where Rahn was in a position to Force Hammer a Scribe Elder through a flag and contact Calandra. Calandra was standing base-to-base with the flag on the opposite side from the Elder (i.e a 180 degree angle). The Elder was roughly 2 and a half inches in front of the flag. Now, the question - Force Hammer hits the Elder, rolls a 6 for the Slam Distance, giving a 6-inch slam, pow 14 damage roll, and a knockdown. The model has more than enough movement to completely clear the flag, and does so, contacting Calandra B2B with the flag on the opposite side. Does this slam resolve in such a way that the Elder does NOT take an additional die from the Flag (Smaller base), DOES take an additional die from contacting Calandra (Same size base), knocking both the Elder and Calandra down and least-displacing off of the flag? Or does the Elder, even though he has enough movement to clear the flag completely, stop mid-slam 180 degrees opposite Calandra and B2B with the flag because Calandra would contact him on the opposite side of the flag?

Grey Templar
12-03-2015, 12:20 PM
You need both the distance to clear the flag and a landing space, and no other models blocking your path.

So if the set up was as follows,

Elder-------->Flag-Calandra, all perfectly lined up.

Because the Elder cannot go over Calandra he must stop when he contacts her base. But the flag is then in the way of his landing zone, so he is then moved to in front of it.

So as the situation is, I believe he will stop in contact with the flag, take the additional damage, and Calandra will not be hit at all.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
12-03-2015, 12:22 PM
2.) Correct that if it does not have enough room to move completely through it's base, it stops short.

You are already have the answer from the link of your post.

edit: And as Grey Templar said, it does not contact with Calandra as well, since it just stops at the point it contacts with the flag.

Zephyr4213
12-03-2015, 12:22 PM
You need both the distance to clear the flag and a landing space, and no other models blocking your path.

So if the set up was as follows,

Elder-------->Flag-Calandra, all perfectly lined up.

Because the Elder cannot go over Calandra he must stop when he contacts her base. But the flag is then in the way of his landing zone, so he is then moved to in front of it.

So as the situation is, I believe he will stop in contact with the flag, take the additional damage, and Calandra will not be hit at all.

That is the exact setup we're talking about - I'm glad I explained that well enough. It's only confusing on my end because were Calandra not there the slam is easy to resolve, as he would just pass through the flag.

Zephyr4213
12-03-2015, 12:24 PM
You are already have the answer from the link of your post.

edit: And as Grey Templar said, it does not contact with Calandra as well, since it just stops contact with the flag.

Got you - So the Elder would simply stop in front of the flag and Calandra would go un-touched. Since the Flag is incorp, we couldn't come to consensus about if this would be least-displacement or stop mid-move. We'll know how to play it in the future now.

Grey Templar
12-03-2015, 12:25 PM
Yeah. Its a little messy to be sure, flags mess stuff up.

Zephyr4213
12-03-2015, 12:42 PM
Silly flags. Thanks guys! I still think it's counter intuitive as hell =P