PDA

View Full Version : shield guard & special effect

chirone
12-05-2015, 05:30 AM
Hi guys(I'm italian forget my english)I would search a clarification from you. Situation:
I cast pin cushion on a stormwall and kiss of Lyliss on the same stormwall. I shot the stormwall,BUT a bokur shield guard my shot. The bokur will be affected by the two "disadventage of the 2 spell" for the damage roll of that shot?
Thank you in advice ;)

Leo_the_Rat
12-05-2015, 05:42 AM
Just the pin cushion. The kiss 1) can not be shield guarded and 2) is on the Stormwall. The pin cushion is on the attack that the Bokur is guarding against so he takes all of those effects.

chirone
12-05-2015, 06:10 AM
Are you absolutely sure? Excuse my question,but I don't understand the difference between the two "disadventage"... for me or the bokur take ALL of the two disadventage or NOTHING... anyway thank for your reply ;)

For the "kiss": YES is on the stormwall, BUT I don't want to shield guard THE attack roll of the kiss(if this is what you understand,I write my post in a bad ways sorry). I say that(like pin cushion)the shield guard take the effect of the shot, SO take pin and kiss...why only one of the two? I don't understand the difference in the "wording" of the two rules. Excuse me again for my diffidence ;) I'm only asking more details :)

Can I ask you a reply from other 2 or 3 of you guys?

The Captain
12-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Both Pin cushion and Kiss of Lyliss are effects on the Stormwall. When making ranged attacks against the Stormwall, you receive the bonus to attack roll from Pin cushion, since it's your target. If you hit, the Ogrun bokur can Shield guard it, making itself directly hit instead. However, neither Kiss of Lyliss nor Pin cushion are on the Bokur, so you won't get their benefits to the damage roll.

Martyr of the Cause
12-05-2015, 07:48 AM
The Bokur is not affected by Pin Cushion or Kiss of Lylyss, so when it takes a direct hit as a result of Shield Guard, its damage roll is not modified by either of those spells.

Grey Templar
12-05-2015, 07:54 AM
Here is how this plays out.

Stormwall has Pincushion and Kiss on it.

Bokor is standing next to it.

You target the Stormwall with a ranged attack. You gain an additional die on the to-hit roll because of Pincushion. You naturally hit the Stormwall.

The Bokor then shield guards your ranged attack and becomes directly hit instead. You do not get +2 to damage rolls from Kiss or an additional die to damage from Pincushion because neither of those effects are on the Bokor, who is the one you are rolling to damage.