PDA

View Full Version : Molik Karn moving in and out of control mechanics

Queaux
12-08-2015, 12:06 PM
If I wanted Molik Karn to move half an inch away from his current position then back a half inch to return to his old position, would it be sufficient to only measure half an inch away using a gauge then declaring the model moves to the edge of the gauge then back again without actually touching the Molik Karn model if it is clear that there is nothing obstructing that movement.

I am trying to come up with a clean and legal way of moving Molik inside and outside of Makeda's control area without actually jittering the model around, which seems sloppy. Sorry for the repetition with the other thread; I'm trying to separate rules queries to follow the forum rules.

Leonard_Dukes
12-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Per the rules, you must actually move your model.

That being said, what arrangements you and your opponent come to in order to encourage and maintain a clean game state is between you two.

Queaux
12-08-2015, 12:43 PM
Per the rules, you must actually move your model.

That being said, what arrangements you and your opponent come to in order to encourage and maintain a clean game state is between you two.

I'm not sure the rules are that clear in this case. A model can move an inch without actually sliding the model along every location the model is actually going. I don't have a rulebook, so I'm not sure how measurements are specified. If measurements are specified as lines, then this seems like it might not work. If measurements are specified otherwise, I could see this working as you are clearly measuring the full inch of movement using the half inch gauge.

It's a pretty technical question, so I'll need a rulebook citation or an infernal to resolve this one. I'll get to a rulebook and contribute as soon as I can.

Queaux
12-08-2015, 12:49 PM
You can't measure from point A to point B without also measuring from Point B to point A. I'm not sure the measurement from A to B, A to B to A, and A to B to A to B don't all count as 1 measurement as defined by the rules.

Leonard_Dukes
12-08-2015, 12:50 PM
You can't measure from point A to point B without also measuring from Point B to point A. I'm not sure the measurement from A to B, A to B to A, and A to B to A to B don't all count as 1 measurement as defined by the rules.

You measure a model's movement from where the model is at. Not from where the model would theoretically be if you were to physically move it there.

Not only that, but you measure model's movement from the front and center of its base. If a model moves forward, does an about-face, and moves back the same distance, you're not measuring from A to B and then from B to A. You're measuring from A to B, then from C to D, all completely different points (C and D being where the "back" of the model was at the beginning and end of it's first movement).

Queaux
12-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Yep, you're right again. If a measurement from A to B also counted as a measurement from A to B to A, every measurement would be an infinite distance, which would not be allowed since you can only measure up to the distance of movement, so no measurements would be allowed.

I have another idea, though, so I'll start a new thread when I get some time.

UmbrellaCorp487
12-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Or just move your models in a miniatures game based around moving models...

DarkLegacy
12-08-2015, 01:46 PM
You must move the model.