PDA

View Full Version : berserk

Yravon
12-11-2015, 04:18 AM
Silly question, but when i have berserk. And i kill a guy--> triggers berserk--> and i kill the other guys with the berserk attack do i get to berserk again. Or is it once per attack?

KhadorGuy09
12-11-2015, 04:21 AM
it carries on til you have nothing left in you melee range, or you fail to kill something

edit. pro tip: if you have a unit of guys with beserk and you want to stop a guy beserking, have him kill the unit leader and promote himself, he then cannot make more attacks

IceShadow
12-11-2015, 07:49 AM
Also note: unless you have a different rule allowing you to not make berserk attacks, they must continue to be made against all models, friend or foe, until you fail to kill or are out of models to attack.

Aerospider
12-11-2015, 01:17 PM
it carries on til you have nothing left in you melee range, or you fail to kill something

edit. pro tip: if you have a unit of guys with beserk and you want to stop a guy beserking, have him kill the unit leader and promote himself, he then cannot make more attacks

That is a good tip. Would you mind explaining it?

xenwall
12-11-2015, 01:32 PM

If a model is promoted it is no longer allowed to make attacks for the remainder of that turn. The idea here is to kill the unit leader with your berserk attack and then promote the model that did the killing. Berserk says he would make another attack but because you promoted him he is no longer allowed to make attacks that turn, thus ending his berserk chain. It's a very very very very very very edge case type of scenario, but a valid strategy none-the-less. This is straying from being a rules question though. I recommend asking about tactics in your faction's own sub-forum, I find people tend to be extremely helpful around here.

Ironmoose
12-11-2015, 01:33 PM

It's in the rules for field promotion. A model can't make attacks during the same turn in which it was promoted to leader. If a berserking model kills its own leader, and becomes the new leader, he is no longer able to attack that turn.

Ironmoose

EDIT: Oof, ninja'd.