PDA

View Full Version : Commander Nemo Arcane Accumulator and Upkeeps.

Asoc
05-31-2010, 09:17 PM
If I have a Commander Nemo and with Arcane Accumulator - When another model casts a spell in this model's control area, this model gains one power token, up to a maximum of three. During your Control Phase, after this model replenishes its focus but before it allocates focus, replace each power token with 1 focus point - If I upkeep a spell does it count as casting a spell. Such as if I had a Journeyman Warcaster cast an Arcane shield can I get the power token for upkeeping that spell or would I need to not upkeep and recast the spell to get the power token?

rydiafan
05-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Upkeeping is not casting.

NmoLvr
06-01-2010, 03:43 AM
It has to be casting a spell. Upkeeping a spell is not casting a spell. In your example, Junior would have to drop and re-cast arcane shield every turn (which is usually what I do), however he could also upkeep arcane shield and then cast arcane bolt at something to get that power token for Nemo.

Also, any model with a Magic Ability (i.e. Strangewayes, Aiyana, Lanyssa, etc.) can get Nemo power tokens. It must say "Magic Ability" on the card.

And, because I've done this before and I know where this will go, I'll jump ahead and say Stormsmiths do not provide power tokens for Nemo. :)