PDA

View Full Version : charge and power attacks

kalin
06-01-2010, 01:42 AM
is it possible to charge and make power attacks, eg charge and then throw?

Hjelmen0
06-01-2010, 01:47 AM
No, it is not.

From pg. 51 of Prime Mk2:

A model cannot make a power attack as its charge attack.

NmoLvr
06-01-2010, 03:40 AM
+1 to the above. No can do.

Cheeslord
06-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Of course there are power attacks where a movement equivalent to charge is required (e.g. Slam, trample) which may be more appropriate...

Mark.

Zhinrak
03-29-2014, 04:35 AM
As this thread is still open I will ask here, as I had quite an argument with my oppenent regarding this issue in our last battle. He was insistant you could Charge then Power attack and to speed things up I conceded the point until we could check. Even now he still refuses to accept that he could not.

If you charge a model, but do not exceed the 3" movement to make it a charge attack, in this situation can you then still make a power attack as the attack is not counted as a charge attack? (e.g. Weapon lock or throw).

I ask because he was playing as Skorne and used the beast handlers to give his beast the Str bonus which means they have to charge to a beast already in combat, then weapon locked my shield to also prevent my enliven triggering (i.e. the beast made a 0" charge movement). I assume this was allowed but him charging my Blessing of Vengance earlier and weapon locking it definitely was not.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
03-29-2014, 04:38 AM
We do not approve of thread necromancy (which is posting in and old and gone thread bringing it "back to life"). Threads are locked, usually without reading any further, when this happens no matter what the thread is about. If you think an old topic deserves some more conversation, please start a new thread on the topic, and feel free to link to the older thread.

Don't necro thread please.

A model that did not use its normal movement to charge can make one power attack allowed by its special rules.
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?164692-Gargossal-power-attack-sweep-question&p=2096667&viewfull=1#post2096667

Also, you can't.

Valander
03-29-2014, 06:53 AM
Please don't necro. Locked without reading.