PDA

View Full Version : Sorscha2's Cyclone spell

Lord Xalys
06-01-2010, 03:38 AM
The old Cyclone spell enabled you to retreat from a battle and then make melee attacks against those that were in your melee range prior to leaving it. Strangely enough, it is still worded this way in the MKII section of Battle College. If I read the Force Book correctly, isn't it so that Sorscha2 makes melee attacks against enemy models that are in her melee range after the Cyclone movement? Am I missing something or is Battle College off on this one?

LX

Maudlin
06-01-2010, 04:13 AM
You make an attack against everyone who is in your LOS & melee range "at the end of this movement". This is different from MkI.

Hjelmen0
06-01-2010, 04:14 AM
Battle College is wrong. Cyclone reads:

Cyclone
This model immediately makes a full advance. It cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement. At the end of this movement, this model can make one melee attack against each model in its LOS that is in its melee range. Cyclone can be cast only once per turn.
It's very clear from this that the melee attacks take place after moving Sorscha.

Also, trust yourself and your own reading comprehension!
Don't expect Battle College to be right; it is a wiki, so every article is potentially written by a different player meaning that every single little misconception and "we usually do because..." gets carried over to the information. This is a sure fire way of propagating misinterpreted rules.

vintersbastard
06-01-2010, 04:35 AM
And a lot of the Mk II articles suffer from C&P.

Lord Xalys
06-01-2010, 05:50 AM
And a lot of the Mk II articles suffer from C&P.

Copy & Paste or Castigate & Purify? :D

Everyone, thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'll change it myself in Battle College ASAP.

P.S. Painful spell, Cyclone...

Cheers,
LX