PDA

View Full Version : Is issuing an order considered an action?

HRM
02-27-2016, 07:02 AM
I can't seem to find anything on War Room that says it is and I don't have my book handy... Say if Haley forces you to sacrifice your movement or action, can you still - for example - have your Iron Fang Kovnik sac action, walk up and issue Shield March, then have the IFP sac action and get the Shield Wall order?

Basically, yeah - is an order an action?

Michael
02-27-2016, 07:09 AM
I can't seem to find anything on War Room that says it is and I don't have my book handy... Say if Haley forces you to sacrifice your movement or action, can you still - for example - have your Iron Fang Kovnik sac action, walk up and issue Shield March, then have the IFP sac action and get the Shield Wall order?

Basically, yeah - is an order an action?
No, issuing an order is not an action. (If it were, units could never move if they received orders.)

edited to add: and rereading your initial post, it is inaccurate.

Shield March is a * Action. The IF Kovnik will have to sacrifice his movement in order to do that.

The IFP can then sacrifice action, receive a Shield Wall order, and advance up to 8".

HRM
02-27-2016, 07:16 AM
No, issuing an order is not an action. (If it were, units could never move if they received orders.)

edited to add: and rereading your initial post, it is inaccurate.

Shield March is a * Action. The IF Kovnik will have to sacrifice his movement in order to do that.

The IFP can then sacrifice action, receive a Shield Wall order, and advance up to 8".

Cool cool. Very good. Thanks man!