PDA

View Full Version : Question about sprays and forest.

Alealexi
02-29-2016, 06:57 AM
I know the in order to draw LoS on a model in a forest it has to be with in 3 inches of the edge. If there are two model in the forest, one that is with in the 3 inch LoS and the other behind the 3 inch edge. If I were to target the model I can see with a spray would it still hit the others behind past the 3 in LoS or would the spray automaticly stop at the 3 inch mark and leave the hidden model untouched?

RareShooter1990
02-29-2016, 07:12 AM
A model under the spray template cannot be hit by the attack if the attacker's line of site to it is completely blocked by terrain.

If you can't see them you can't hit them

Alealexi
02-29-2016, 07:15 AM
Cool. Now this will be fun.

Saraminss
02-29-2016, 07:27 AM
I am not sure that is correct. If you target a beast or Jack with a spray you still can hit models behind them, even without LOS.

you would not be able to target that model further than 3 inches into the woods but if you can target the closer the spray doesn't stop because you can't see the second model.

Leonard_Dukes
02-29-2016, 07:29 AM
I am not sure that is correct. If you target a beast or Jack with a spray you still can hit models behind them, even without LOS.

To be more precise: a spray cannot hit a model if LOS to that model is completely blocked by terrain. This includes 3" or more of intervening forest.

DarkLegacy
02-29-2016, 07:29 AM
It is correct due to the rules stating that if terrain blocks LOS it misses, if LOS is blocked by models, it can still hit those models.

Polipotent
02-29-2016, 07:30 AM
answered above.

Alealexi
02-29-2016, 07:34 AM
If you can't see them you can't hit them

What if the model with the spray has hunter or is affected by a spell like awareness that lets them ignore forest when using a spray? Would it still get through?

IceShadow
02-29-2016, 07:36 AM
Then LOS is not blocked by terrain and it would be able to hit.

See also: Cephalyx Overlords, who have a spray that ignores LOS.

Leonard_Dukes
02-29-2016, 07:36 AM
What if the model with the spray has hunter or is affected by a spell like awareness that lets them ignore forest when using a spray? Would it still get through?

If a model ignores a particular kind of terrain for LOS purposes, then that kind of terrain does not completely block LOS to an intended target, and that target can (potentially) be hit by a spray attack.

Crate123
02-29-2016, 07:39 AM
Yes because then LOS would not be blocked by the terrain.

werewolf77
02-29-2016, 09:56 AM
May I ask a clarification? Supposing attacker A, Defender D1 and D2

1) A --1'' forest -- D1 -- 3'' forest -- D2
The attack on D2 automatically miss even if I target D1?

Thanks

Stormpuppy_Infantry
02-29-2016, 10:01 AM
May I ask a clarification? Supposing attacker A, Defender D1 and D2

1) A --1'' forest -- D1 -- 3'' forest -- D2
The attack on D2 automatically miss even if I target D1?

Thanks

Actually, the attacker is not able to make an attack roll against D2 at the first place, because its line of sight is blocked by forest.

Arf
02-29-2016, 11:42 AM
Do cloud templates count as terrain? Specifically from the Druid of Orboros? Or does the spray go through regardless of LOS un this case because it isn't considered terrain?

Grey Templar
02-29-2016, 11:49 AM
No, clouds are not terrain. They are clouds.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
02-29-2016, 11:51 AM
Do cloud templates count as terrain? Specifically from the Druid of Orboros? Or does the spray go through regardless of LOS un this case because it isn't considered terrain?

Cloud effect is cloud effect, nothing more. Nothing in terrain type says that cloud effect is one of the terrain type either.