PDA

View Full Version : Shifting stones control question.

SeoNN
03-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Am I right, that according SR 2015 shifting stones with keeper can control flag if a keeper is B2B with it, and other survived stones are within 4" of it

but the cannot control zone coz the owns one or more models within it that are not immobile, fleeing, wild, or inert and no opponent contests it will apply to all unit? or if I have at least one model in unit, that satisfy the requirments and other are in the zone as describe in second requirment this is enought?

DarkLegacy
03-02-2016, 07:54 AM
A Shifting Stone unit with a Stone Keeper has 3 models that are immobile and 1 model that is not.
If the entire unit is within a zone, you'll have one or more models that is not immobile within the zone, satisfying the conditions of controlling the zone as long as the rest of the conditions are met.
If the Stone Keeper is B2B with the flag and the Shifting Stones are within 4" of the flag, it can control the flag. If a Shifting Stone is B2B with the flag and the rest of the unit is within 4" of the flag, it is not currently being controlled.

The requirements for controlling a zone does not mean "if you have an immobile, fleeing, wild, or inert model within the zone you cannot control it."

Stormpuppy_Infantry
03-02-2016, 08:10 AM
A player controls a zone if he owns one or more models within it that are not immobile, fleeing, wild, or inert and no opponent contests it. There are no additional requirements for solos, warjacks, or warbeasts.

For a non-warcaster/warlock unit to control a zone, the unit must contain 50% or more of its starting number (rounding up) and all those remaining models must be within the same zone.

A player controls a flag if he owns one or more models B2B with the flag that are not immobile, fleeing, wild, or inert and no opponent contests it. There are no additional requirements for solos, warjacks, or warbeasts.

If a model B2B with a flag is a member of a non-warcaster/ warlock unit, the unit must contain 50% or more of its starting number (rounding up) and all those remaining models must also be within 4˝ of the flag

If 'the keeper' means Stone Keeper of Shifting Stones, and a Shifting Stone with attached by Stone Keeper, then Stone Keeper does not have Immobile so nothing prevents Stone Keeper to control Zone or Flag as long as the unit contain 50% or more of its starting number and all those remaining models must be within the same zone(zone) or within 4" of the flag(flag). The other troopers are not able to control the zone or flag, but Stone Keeper can.

edit: ninja!

Arf
03-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Any chance somebody could paste the exact rules for controlling a zone/flag in here for clarification? I agree with the answer that was given, I'd just like to see the exact wording since I just realized I am less familiar with it than I thought.

Thanks in advance!

DarkLegacy
03-02-2016, 09:44 AM
Any chance somebody could paste the exact rules for controlling a zone/flag in here for clarification? I agree with the answer that was given, I'd just like to see the exact wording since I just realized I am less familiar with it than I thought.

Thanks in advance!
The latest Organized Play Rules can be found here: http://privateerpress.com/organized-play

They are also quoted in the post above yours.