PDA

View Full Version : Noob question on stranglehold

Rothkeen
06-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Hey
I have a noob question on stranglehold.
If someone casted stranglehold on the same model TWICE.
Would the same model have to forfeit both action and movement?

My guts are telling me no, because is an "effect" and the same "effect" does not stack on the same taget.

Hjelmen0
06-03-2010, 10:50 AM
My guts are telling me no, because is an "effect" and the same "effect" does not stack on the same taget.Go with your guts, because they're right :D

Rothkeen
06-03-2010, 10:54 AM
Well I though so... But damn it would be nice to "force choke" a model into doing nothing for at turn at 4focus-4fury a turn.
Thanks Hjelmen0 ;)

Caern
06-03-2010, 10:57 AM
The relevant rule is "Unless otherwise specified, multiple instances of the same effect (that is, effects with the same name) on a model are not cumulative. If a model would be affected by a second instance of an effect, the second instance is not applied and does not change anything about the first instance, including its expiration. If the effect has a duration, this means it expires when the first applied effect expires. Multiple instances of the same effect are not cumulative even when the effect comes from different sources."

In both Warmachine MKII and the Hordes MKII field test rules, this rule appears near the very beginning of the rules sections.