PDA

View Full Version : Steamroller Death Clock Rules

Mongojoe02
04-22-2016, 04:51 AM
Good morning,

I feel like this is an easy question/answer but I'd like an outside opinion.

Steamroller 2015 Death clock rules states on page 10 that

"When a player moves a model, rolls dice, marks damage, or takes time to make decisions during the other player's turn, the player whose turn it is has the option of switching the clock to his opponent's time while these actions are resolved"

The question is this:

When a model kills a mcthrall does the clock flip to the cryxian players while they are measuring to see if the stitch thrall or thralls from multiple units are within 5?

Thanks again! Looking forward to MK3!

Aerospider
04-22-2016, 04:59 AM
My (albeit limited) experience of tournament death clocks is that you can switch the clock over for pretty much anything, so long as you don't be a d*ck about it.

Which I personally find particularly infuriating because I never know where the d*ckish line is.

For a simple measurement to check on the effect of a model destruction I don't think I would flip the clock.

Alternatively you could flip the clock for absolutely anything and everything and wait for the other guy to tell you where he thinks you're being unreasonable, but that would mean definitely annoying every single opponent and probably the judge as well.

Leo_the_Rat
04-22-2016, 05:16 AM
If they are taking their time about the measurement or fiddling about then you have an absolute right to flip the clock to them. If they just take out their measuring instrument and do a quick check then let the clock be.

It's only when they are being unreasonably slow that you should flip the clock to them.

Mr. Golden Deal
04-22-2016, 05:27 AM
Generally speaking, resolving your effects (whether optional or not) happen on your time. It's a "may", not a "must" to flip the clock however - if your opponent is quick about it (they have a widget to measure handy and check distance before you're even ready to make your next attack) I wouldn't feel too compelled to switch time.

Mongojoe02
04-22-2016, 05:46 AM
I wanted to thank all of you for your replies, it confirmed what I thought but I wanted it to be fair and come from outside players who are 100% indifferent. Enjoy your weekend folks!