PDA

View Full Version : Prime Axiom buying additional attacks

Leo_the_Rat
05-02-2016, 08:22 AM
If a prime axiom successfully drags an opponent into melee and then buys an additional melee attack can it then buy more ranged attacks?

Mod_Neldar
05-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Yes it can.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
05-02-2016, 08:29 AM
Sure, it can make additional attacks as long as it have enough ROF to do.

Note that additional attack occurs after done its initial or special attack. While you may make additional melee attack by spend focus then make the additional ranged attack(or additional melee attack because Drag allows to do), you can't resolve its initial ranged attack after that because spend focus to make additional attack means that you are forfeit rest of your initial attacks.

It is also fine to Drag - make a melee attack followed by Drag - resolve rest of the ranged attacks - spend focus to make either melee or ranged additional attacks.

Leo_the_Rat
05-02-2016, 09:16 AM
So you're saying that he can buy both additional melee and ranged attacks in the same activation? With the understanding that he hit with the drag attack and did drag the opponent into his melee range.

Stormpuppy_Infantry
05-02-2016, 09:28 AM
So you're saying that he can buy both additional melee and ranged attacks in the same activation? With the understanding that he hit with the drag attack and did drag the opponent into his melee range.

Yes. Normally a model cannot make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation, but Drag overrides the basic rule and allows to make additional melee attack. So, the model choose to make the ranged attack, trigger Drag by its ranged attack, after then it can make either additional melee or ranged attack.

Leo_the_Rat
05-02-2016, 10:39 AM
So drag, in effect, grants virtuoso? After initials you are then free to purchase both ranged and melee attacks in the same round. It's not that I don't believe you it's just that it seems better than virtuoso since it grants a free melee attack albeit with the caveat that you have to be able to drag the opponent into your melee range.

This happened to me vs a Prime Axiom. He pulled in one of my models and after finishing his initials bought a melee attack and then bought a ranged attack after that.

So for 2 focus he got the following: 2 drag attacks (1 per side) and 3 spike attacks- during those he got 1 melee attack after succesfully dragging a model into his melee range. He then went on to kill my model in melee with him with a bought melee attack. He then bought another ranged attack (spiker) which gave him 3 more shots. Was anything done wrong ruleswise with this sequence of events?

Stormpuppy_Infantry
05-02-2016, 10:49 AM
So drag, in effect, grants virtuoso? After initials you are then free to purchase both ranged and melee attacks in the same round. It's not that I don't believe you it's just that it seems better than virtuoso since it grants a free melee attack albeit with the caveat that you have to be able to drag the opponent into your melee range.

This happened to me vs a Prime Axiom. He pulled in one of my models and after finishing his initials bought a melee attack and then bought a ranged attack after that.

So for 2 focus he got the following: 2 drag attacks (1 per side) and 3 spike attacks- during those he got 1 melee attack after succesfully dragging a model into his melee range. He then went on to kill my model in melee with him with a bought melee attack. He then bought another ranged attack (spiker) which gave him 3 more shots. Was anything done wrong ruleswise with this sequence of events?

It is diffrent with Virtuoso; Virtuoso allows to make both initial melee and ranged attacks in the same combat action as well as allows to buy additional melee and ranged attacks. But Drag only allows additional melee attacks after trigger it.

If Spiker is a ranged weapon and its ROF is greater than 1, it seems nothing wrong.

Leo_the_Rat
05-02-2016, 12:17 PM
Yes to both your qualifying statements. Thanks for the input.