PDA

View Full Version : New Edition Disruption - Continuous effect?

Canadianized
06-11-2016, 11:02 PM
The icons are listed under continuous effects. Does this mean that it could be removed during the maintenance phase, on a roll of a 1 or 2, before power up and allocation?

Largi
06-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Fire and Disruption are the only Continuous Effects there is an additional paragraph that breaks disruption away from the continuous section.

Canadianized
06-11-2016, 11:17 PM
In spite of that paragraph, Disruption is still under the heading of "Continuous Effects" and the rules say

Resolve continuous effects on models you control during your Maintenance Phase. First roll a d6 for each continuous effect; if the result is a 1 or 2, the continuous effect expires without further effect. On a 3, 4, 5, or 6 the continuous effect remains in play.
So, if you don't roll out disruption, why is it under the heading, thus labeled, a continuous effect? If it doesn't get rolled out, why doesn't it explicitly say so? That paragraph could be in there to differentiate it from Hordes, where Disruption doesn't mean anything.

Mr_Smigs
06-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Fire and Disruption are the only Continuous Effects there is an additional paragraph that breaks disruption away from the continuous section.
are you saying Corrosion isn't continuous anymore?

looks like there is a "Temporary Effects" title missing, as Disruption specifically says "one round"

but as currently formatted, Disruption is continuoius

Talamare
So the question is 'Does "Gain" = "Allocate"?'

Largi
Fire and Corrosion are specified as continuous in their descriptions. Disruption is not. I agree it is confusing to list them together, however reading the descriptions and the separation makes it evident they are not the same

Largi
06-11-2016, 11:26 PM
are you saying Corrosion isn't continuous anymore?

looks like there is a "Temporary Effects" title missing, as Disruption specifically says "one round"

but as currently formatted, Disruption is continuoius
mistyped corrosion as disruption here. Apologies.

Mr_Smigs
06-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Fire and Corrosion are specified as continuous in their descriptions. Disruption is not. I agree it is confusing to list them together, however reading the descriptions and the separation makes it evident they are not the same

unless it's intentonal, and Disruption has 2 ways to end,
1. apply no focus for 1 round,
2. roll out of it like fire/corrosion.

Largi
06-11-2016, 11:31 PM
unless it's intentonal, and Disruption has 2 ways to end,
1. apply no focus for 1 round,
2. roll out of it like fire/corrosion.

Both Fire and Corrosion specify continuous. Disruption does not.

Canadianized
06-11-2016, 11:35 PM
While I don't necessarily disagree, and it is much more intuitive, I still believe this game functions on the letter of the rules, not the spirit of the rules, and extra paragraph or not, RAW have Disruption as a continuous effect. It is confusing, and somewhat nonsensical, but unless you can give me a 100% solid reason why Disruption isn't a continuous effect while being listed under a continuous effect, we have to play it as a continuous, do we not?

That's why I've brought it up, to get an absolute answer, confirmation of it being continuous, or confirmation of a rules/location in rulebook error. I can't 100% blot out the idea that it's separated like that just to make it easy to chop out for the Hordes rulebook, but still potentially meant as it's located. I'm talking in circles now, and it's late. No offense, I'm just not going to accept a "spirit of the rules" type of interpretation. If you can, irrefutably prove Disruption is in the wrong label/heading/spot in the rulebook.

solkan
06-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Want to have an argument whether the index in the rulebook is sufficient evidence concerning the structure of the rules?

The index in Primal:

Continuous Effects, 60
Corrosion
Critical Corrosion
Critical Fire
Fire

critical effect, 20, 60
Corrosion
Disruption Fire

Note that the Index in Primal isn't the same as the index in Prime. Prime's index entry for continuous effects is just:

continuous effects, 61
yet lists Disruption as a separate entry:

Disruption rule, 61

Maudlin
06-12-2016, 10:34 AM
Checking for intent.

DarkLegacy
06-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Disruption was removed from the section of Continuous Effects. The weapon quality for Disruption was improved to state the following:

A warjack hit by this attack loses its focus points and cannot channel spells or gain focus by any means, including by being allocated focus, for one round.
Critical Disruption has the same change made to it.