PDA

View Full Version : Zaal 2: Direct Spirits and Soul Vessel

bropps85
06-12-2016, 12:28 AM
I wanted to know whether Zaal 2 can use Direct Spirits on souls generated by a Soul Vessel model dieing (i.e. immortals).

Direct spirits : "When a friendly living Faction warrior model is destroyed in this model's control range and generates a soul token, you choose which model with the Soul Taker ability gains the destroyed model's soul, regardless of the proximity of other models. Enemy models are not eligible to gain soul tokens from models destroyed in this model's control range."

Soul Vessel: "This model generates soul tokens as if it were a living model."

solkan
06-12-2016, 12:34 AM
It works for Direct Spirits for the same reason it works for Soul Taker: Cull Soul

Soul Taker: Cull Soul - This model can gain soul tokens. When a living enemy model is destroyed within 2" of this model, this model gains the destroyed model's soul token. ...
and Soul Taker: Gatekeeper:

This model can gain soul tokens. When a friendly living Faction model is destroyed while in this model's command range, ...

In other words, Soul Vessel means that you treat the model as if it were a living model for the purpose of all of those rules.

bropps85
06-12-2016, 12:37 AM
It works for Direct Spirits for the same reason it works for Soul Taker: Cull Soul

In other words, Soul Vessel means that you treat the model as if it were a living model for the purpose of all of those rules.

While I 100% agree that it should work exactly like those other rules, as written it looks like none of those rules should work with Soul Vessels. I would argue that obviously the intention is that those rules should work with Soul Vessel, frankly I just want a purple name to officially weigh in for when it comes up.

Sheer_Falacy
06-12-2016, 12:41 AM

If we used that reasoning, Manifest Void would give models Soulless for the purpose of those rules. It doesn't, so the answer is less clear.

princessprettyposies
06-12-2016, 02:13 AM
Based on mk2 wording for convergence soul taking abilities (clockwork vessel and enigma foundries) it should work

Maudlin
06-12-2016, 11:03 AM
Yes, for the purpose of gathering souls, Soul Vessels are considered living models.