PDA

View Full Version : Caustic Mist on Lich Lord Asphyxious

Garth
06-12-2016, 04:03 AM
It is an upkeep, but the text says "AoE" remains in play for one round. What is correct ?

Leonard_Dukes
06-12-2016, 04:51 AM
The AoE remains in play for one round if the upkeep cost is not paid.

Falkman
06-12-2016, 04:59 AM
The AoE remains in play for one round if the upkeep cost is not paid.
It remains for one round regardless of if you pay the upkeep or not as currently worded. If you pay the upkeep the AOE still disappears. The current wording is faulty and needs clearing up; it should either be an upkeep and the cloud remain as long as upkeep is paid, or it should not be an upkeep and last for a round.

badmartialarts
06-12-2016, 05:02 AM
There was another weird wording. Cognifex Cyphon's spell Onslaught: "...for one turn." But it is an upkeep. Is it an upkeep or does it only last for one turn?

Falkman
06-12-2016, 05:15 AM
There was another weird wording. Cognifex Cyphon's spell Onslaught: "...for one turn." But it is an upkeep. Is it an upkeep or does it only last for one turn?
That makes sense; models that charge in his ctrl gain Pathfinder for a turn. Then they need to charge again the next turn to gain Pathfinder again.

badmartialarts
06-12-2016, 07:21 AM
Ah, I see. I was applying the for one turn to the whole of the ability. So I guess, trying to apply that logic back to Asphyxious, that the upkeep of the ability gives him the ability to place another cloud completely in his control area each round (and the last one fades away). Or does it only let him keep the same cloud in the same place (that doesn't seem right, as written). Either way, seems a bit crap compared to The High Reclaimer's ash clouds but Caustic Mist does damage.

DarkLegacy
06-23-2016, 06:20 PM
Caustic Mist no longer contains the text for duration. It is an upkeep.