PDA

View Full Version : Assault - Any time

lobachevskii
06-12-2016, 04:04 AM
Assault allows a ranged attack which "must occur after the model ends its movement but before it begins its Combat Action" - pg52, Prime, and which can be made even if the charge fails.

Any time abilities can be used "before moving, after moving, before making an attack, or after an attack but not while moving, attacking, or resolving another triggered effect." - pg 11, Prime

Can a model with Assault which fails a charge cast spells/use feats/other any time abilities between ending its movement and taking the Assault shot?

Saltee
06-12-2016, 04:33 AM
In MkII it could cast a spell or feat upon sucessfully getting into melee range of the assault target, otherwise it would be a failed charge.

As for MkIII, it won't get an answer until June 29

lobachevskii
06-12-2016, 04:36 AM
In MkII it could cast a spell or feat upon sucessfully getting into melee range of the assault target, otherwise it would be a failed charge.

As for MkIII, it won't get an answer until June 29

I'm aware of the way it worked in Mk II. :)

I'm just getting it on record as a relevant question in Mk III now while I remember that it is not clear anywhere in Prime how to play this situation.

Saltee
06-12-2016, 04:49 AM
It will work the same based on that wording on pg 52, that is the way I see it until otherwise confirmed

lobachevskii
06-12-2016, 04:58 AM
It will work the same based on that wording on pg 52, that is the way I see it until otherwise confirmed

Possibly (or even probably).

However given that it required an Infernal ruling to make it work that way in Mk II, and the wording is just as unclear in Mk III, it now needs a ruling in Mk III. It would have been easy to close the loophole in the Assault text.

Maudlin
06-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Works the same way as before, the only thing you can do before your activation ends is what Assault specifically allows you to do.