PDA

View Full Version : New Edition Feats and Magic attacks, can they damage incorporeal models?

JollyRoger GR
06-12-2016, 04:43 AM
As the title suggests, if I target an incorporeal model with a magic attack or a feat, can I damage it? Has to be precisely stated that the damage is magical?

Saltee
06-12-2016, 04:56 AM
Since this is a MkIII related question, the answer is MkIII rulings will not be answered until June 29 or after.

lobachevskii
06-12-2016, 05:04 AM
Never mind, given that I can't find anything that says spells do magical damage I'm going with wait and see too.

JollyRoger GR
06-12-2016, 05:15 AM
since certain spells and feats and magic attacks specifically state that they cause magical damage, while others don't I will supose that unless otherwise specified, magic attacks and feats DONNOT cause magical damage and therefore cannot harm incorporeal models. I did not know that rulings are not answered untill June 29, but I think I got it now, thanks.

lobachevskii
06-12-2016, 05:24 AM
since certain spells and feats and magic attacks specifically state that they cause magical damage, while others don't I will supose that unless otherwise specified, magic attacks and feats DONNOT cause magical damage and therefore cannot harm incorporeal models. I did not know that rulings are not answered untill June 29, but I think I got it now, thanks.

I think it is too early to draw that conclusion. No simple nuke spell that I've looked at uses the "magical" icon, although some do have the word "magical" in the description. I cannot, however, see why a basic nuke like Arcane Bolt would affect Incorporeal models while Razorwind does not ... honestly it seems more like an oversight that Magic Attacks don't do Magical Damage by default. But who knows ... .

Maudlin
06-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Checking for intent.

DarkLegacy
06-23-2016, 06:11 PM
Magical Damage has an erratum to include Spells. Feats will specify if they are magical damage.