PDA

View Full Version : MK3 Warjack Points

Tainted Coil
06-12-2016, 08:10 AM
Do you have to spend all available warjack points?

Page 24 States:

"...These bonus points are in addition to the army points determined for the game, and any warjack points not spent on warjacks for a warcaster's battlegroup are lost."

Emphasis mine.

Xarlaxas
06-12-2016, 08:31 AM
Based on the emphasis you've put on the quotation, I think that you're not forced to spend all the points, just that, if you don't spend all of them, you lose them: they're "extra" points after all.

I believe it says somewhere (haven't read it fully yet) that you can't be more than 5 points under the limit for your List, but I guess that the WJ points don't count to that.

Clarification, as usual would be helpful!

Mr. Golden Deal
06-12-2016, 09:34 AM
Based on the emphasis you've put on the quotation, I think that you're not forced to spend all the points, just that, if you don't spend all of them, you lose them: they're "extra" points after all.

I believe it says somewhere (haven't read it fully yet) that you can't be more than 5 points under the limit for your List, but I guess that the WJ points don't count to that.

Steamroller rules for Mk 2 required you to have no more than 2 unspent points in a list, which includes warjack/warbeast points. The Steamroller document for Mk 3 rules should be coming shortly.

Nerzule
06-12-2016, 11:15 AM

It does say under the Encounter Levels Header that

"You need not spend every point
available, but your army’s point total cannot be more than 5
points under the determined amount and cannot exceed the
set number of army points."

So you'd need to fill the full encounter level with other stuff, than warjacks up to 5 points away from your total.

Tainted Coil
06-12-2016, 12:57 PM
This was my conclusion as well. You are not required to spend all you WJ points but your list can't be more than 5pts under. So in a sense you can deduct up to 5 from you WJ points and still have a legal list assuming you fill up the other points exactly.

This will be important when you have odd numbers of WJ points left, like 1-3, and your choice is to spend more points on another warjack you don't want or just eat the loss.

niceas
06-17-2016, 09:40 AM
From the Steamroller document:

An army list point total cannot exceed the point size chosen for the event and cannot be more than 4 points under that point size (including warjack/warbeast points). For example, Kaelyssa has 29 warjack points, so a 75 point Kaelyssa army must include 100 to 104 points of models