PDA

View Full Version : Mk3 Power Attack: Throw

rocketmime
06-12-2016, 09:26 AM
In the case of throwing one model at another model, where the other model is beyond the thrower's range, the rules say that the point of impact is the point along the line *from the thrower* to the other model equal to the throw distance.

In the following example of a Carnivean throwing a Gorax at a Gnarlhorn Satyr, the point of impact is drawn to be along a line from the Gorax to the Gnarlhorn, in other words it is *from the thrown model* to the other model. The example makes more sense than the text of the rule, but in any event they are inconsistent.

Which is correct, the example or the rule text?

Electric Seal
06-12-2016, 09:50 AM
In the case of throwing one model at another model, where the other model is beyond the thrower's range, the rules say that the point of impact is the point along the line *from the thrower* to the other model equal to the throw distance.

In the following example of a Carnivean throwing a Gorax at a Gnarlhorn Satyr, the point of impact is drawn to be along a line from the Gorax to the Gnarlhorn, in other words it is *from the thrown model* to the other model. The example makes more sense than the text of the rule, but in any event they are inconsistent.

Which is correct, the example or the rule text?

Example probably, on inspection.

Trollock
06-12-2016, 10:56 PM
I noticed the exact same thing when i was reading through the rules. the picture and the wording do not seem to agree.

RorinTh
06-20-2016, 03:44 AM
From reading it my understanding is the the "point of impact" isn't actually where the model lands?

Ie, measure range from thrown model to target, if out of range:

Decide point of impact by measuring throw distance from the throwER, then move the thrown model the throw distance towards the point of impact. Basicallt the point of impact decides the direction of the throw but not where the model actually lands since the model is never moved further then the throw distance

Not sure if that is correct and as intended though?

solkan
06-20-2016, 04:16 AM
From reading it my understanding is the the "point of impact" isn't actually where the model lands?

Ie, measure range from thrown model to target, if out of range:

Decide point of impact by measuring throw distance from the throwER, then move the thrown model the throw distance towards the point of impact. Basicallt the point of impact decides the direction of the throw but not where the model actually lands since the model is never moved further then the throw distance

Not sure if that is correct and as intended though?

While the text for the rule says to measure from the thrower, the examples for both PDFs have the distance measured from the thrown model.