havocentral
06-12-2016, 11:14 AM
Falling
A model that is slammed, thrown, or pushed or that otherwise
moves off an elevated surface to another surface at least 1
full inch lower falls. A falling model becomes knocked down
(p. 61) and suffers a damage roll. A fall of up to 2˝ causes
a POW 12 damage roll. Add an additional die to the damage
roll for every additional 2˝ the model falls, rounded up.
Fall Damage Roll = 2d6 + 12 + d6 for
every 2˝ of the fall after the first
Example: A model falling 2˝ suffers a damage roll of
2d6 + 12. One falling 5˝ suffers a damage roll of 4d6 + 12,
and one falling 7˝ suffers a damage roll of 5d6 + 12!
If a falling model lands on top of another model, follow the
rule of least disturbance to move the non-falling model into
a legal position.
If a falling model contacts a model with an equal or smaller
base, the contacted model becomes knocked down and suffers
the same damage roll as the falling model. A contacted model
with a larger base than the falling model, however, does
not suffer damage and is not knocked down. All damage
resulting from the fall is simultaneous (see “Simultaneous
Effects,” p. 43).
Elevation & Line of Sight
When determining if a model on an elevated terrain feature
has line of sight to a model on a lower elevation, ignore
intervening models on lower elevations except those within
1˝ of the model the elevated model is drawing line of sight to.
When determining if a model at a lower elevation has line of
sight to a model on a higher elevation, the model at the lower
elevation ignores intervening models on lower elevations
than the model it is drawing line of sight to.

Melee Range & Elevation
When a model makes a melee attack targeting a model on a
different elevation, use the models’ volumes when determining
melee range instead of measuring from base to base.

If a model is slammed or thrown off do they take fall damage AND throw/slam damage

if i thro off a hill, do I follow the elevation LOS oor the throw LOS rules, and does the model ignore other models except the ones in 1 inch of the target one its moved?
Example: I throw a model off a 3in hill, an inch away is a 1 in wall, does the model get thrown over the wall or magically hit it even if my target was farther away, same goes for laarge base models whose volume doe nt extend past the bottom of the hill

Does the rule of 1in movement per 1 in climb still exist for climbinng on obstacles?

How do you easily determine the volume of a model for measuring? I know that it is height ad such but measuring that on some models is really awkward or imossibble

Nerzule
06-12-2016, 11:38 AM
If a model is slammed or thrown off do they take fall damage AND throw/slam damage

I would say yes

Does the rule of 1in movement per 1 in climb still exist for climbinng on obstacles?

No, I don't see that anywhere in the rules

How do you easily determine the volume of a model for measuring? I know that it is height ad such but measuring that on some models is really awkward or imossibble
The official spray templates have marks on them to determine this, you just hold it straight up and there are ticks for volume height based on base size

Anti-Pants
06-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Page 30 of Prime states for advancing that you "Determine the distance a model advances by measuring how far the leading edge of its base travels. The distance moved is absolute." That appears to mean that all movement, including vertical movement is part of your advance. But it is not clear how you are supposed to measure it. Can you measure on a diagonal up to where you want to go, or do you move to the base of the structure and then go up? Logically it would make sense that you would have to climb, but would a model with flight get to move on a diagonal upwards?

In regards to throws on a hill, elevation specifically allows you to ignore line of sight to models on a lower elevation. All of the rules for colliding with terrain and other models would still follow the throw rules.

DarkLegacy
06-29-2016, 06:46 PM
Hills are receiving an errata to state:

“A model moving off of a hill does not fall or suffer falling damage.”

Detharious
06-29-2016, 08:33 PM
Hills are receiving an errata to state:

“A model moving off of a hill does not fall or suffer falling damage.”

Does this also mean that if a model is thrown, slammed, or pushed off a hill it wouldn't suffer falling damage? (When it comes to falling damage I'm really ignorant on the rules as I never have it come up...)

DarkLegacy
06-29-2016, 08:54 PM
Does this also mean that if a model is thrown, slammed, or pushed off a hill it wouldn't suffer falling damage? (When it comes to falling damage I'm really ignorant on the rules as I never have it come up...)
Correct. You cannot take falling damage off the hills.