PDA

View Full Version : Fire for effect and AK flame thrower.

bloodspiff
06-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Ok, let's say EIrusk throw FFE on a AK flame thrower.

FFE:

Boost the attack and damage rolls of target friendly Faction modelʼs first ranged attack each activation.

This flame thrower make a spray attack, and there is 3 enemies caught in the template (A,B and C) , so I have to make 3 attack rolls.
What happens is:

a) The first attack roll and damage roll are boosted
b) All the 3 attack rolls and all the damage rolls are boosted.

Since the spell boost attack and damage rolls from the first ranged attack, and since a spray attack is one ranged attack that can trigger multiple attack and damage rolls, I would go for the b.

Am I right ?...

Spiff

Kuarnix
06-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Yes, the spray is a single attack.

bloodspiff
06-08-2010, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the answer.

The policy on the rule forum is that if no infernal comment a given answer, its because it's right, right ?...

Spiff

Sevwall
06-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Sometimes.

Chris Cuevas
06-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Yes, the spray is a single attack.

This sounds right (and brutal! :P )

Malkav13
06-08-2010, 07:16 AM
It's just like when using Fire for Effect on the Mortar. Time honored tactic.

TheUnknownMercenary
06-08-2010, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the answer.

The policy on the rule forum is that if no infernal comment a given answer, its because it's right, right ?...

Spiff
First off, Infernals are not on these forums 24/7. A question may be on the forums for days before an Infernal comes along to even look at it. Thye are, after all, volunteers helping out when their personal lives allow the time.
As for if the answer is correct or not, well in this case Kaurnix is correct, a spray attack is a single attack and it allows for multiple attack and damage rolls, so Fire for Effect will effect all the rolls from that one attack.

bloodspiff
06-08-2010, 09:39 AM
I didn't wanted to sound like criticizing the works of the infernals, I know they're volunteers and think they make a great job on this forum.

Thank you all for the answers,

Spiff

Tyrfigr
06-09-2010, 12:09 AM
This would also be same with Deadeye on a Cyclone's Metal Storms right?

bloodspiff
06-09-2010, 12:45 AM
This would also be same with Deadeye on a Cyclone's Metal Storms right?

No: deadeye boost your first attack roll.

Spiff

Tyrfigr
06-09-2010, 01:02 AM
No: deadeye boost your first attack roll.

Spiff

Ahh first attack roll versus attack roll of your first attack. Danke

Yaum
06-09-2010, 02:59 AM
Yes, subtle yet major difference in this case...damn eIrusk, he was good enough as he was !