PDA

View Full Version : Re: Geomancy in combat

Tigerlily
06-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Hello,

Can I use geomancy to "cast" an offensive spell in combat. I know you cannot use arcnodes in combat, but I haven't been able to find anything on the forum that addresses geomancy in this respect. Sorry if the question has been answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

Thanks

TheUnknownMercenary
06-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Yes the Woldwarden can cast spells with Geomancy while in combat. The warbeast is not a arcnode and it's controlling warlock is not casting the spell, the warbeast is casting the spell so it follows the rules for casting spells.

Strange_Eric
06-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Close. The controlling warcaster is considered to cast the spell. But the ww is the point of origin.
It follows all the normal rules of casting. Meaning it doesn't matter if you're engaged if you wanna cast out of combat at another model.

Arc nodes follow their own specific set of rules about being unable to be used if engaged.

vintersbastard
06-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Close. The controlling warcaster is considered to cast the spell.

No. The Woldwarden is casting the spell. The warlock is considered to have cast the spell.

Please notice, and understand, the difference between present tense and present perfect.
If it remains unclear, search for threads regarding the Skarlock or the Deathjack casting spells, which use equivalent wording.