PDA

View Full Version : Cyclone under Kara Sloan's feat

Wolf Lancer 4
06-11-2010, 11:54 AM
If a Cyclone uses its Rapid Fire on both of its weapons on the feat turn does that mean that each individual attack roll is boosted or would it just be one boost per weapon?

silverpuppy
06-11-2010, 12:03 PM
what does her feat read?

TheUnknownMercenary
06-11-2010, 12:21 PM
While in Sloan's control area, friendly Faction models gain boosted ranged attack rolls.

What part of that sentence would make you think it was anything but each attack roll would get boosted?

silverpuppy
06-11-2010, 12:29 PM
the unknownmercenary is correct, to add, even though you are using the special rule of the gun to grant additional shots, because her feat adds no qualifiers, each shot is boosted

Wolf Lancer 4
06-11-2010, 03:14 PM
What part of that sentence would make you think it was anything but each attack roll would get boosted?

The reason I asked the question is because Rapid Fire is a special rule that ignores the RoF. Therefore I wanted to confirm that each seperate attack roll was boosted before trying it in a game and come across as someone who is "trying to take advantage" of the rules.

silverpuppy
06-11-2010, 04:01 PM
these boards seem to have become a little heated with all the rule lawyering and what not going on, i dont think his intent was to be rude wolf.

Tamwulf
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
The reason I asked the question is because Rapid Fire is a special rule that ignores the RoF. Therefore I wanted to confirm that each seperate attack roll was boosted before trying it in a game and come across as someone who is "trying to take advantage" of the rules.

Her feat does not ignore RoF. It grants an additional ranged attack outside of a model's activation. It's a base rule that attacks made outside of a model's activation do not count towards RoF.

To the OP: Every ranged attack roll made by a friendly faction model is boosted while within Sloan's control area. Even the feat shots. I should add that for the Cyclone under Firing Squad, it can make only one ranged attack, not a Rapid Fire ranged attack. This has to do with the wording of Rapid Fire ("initial attacks") and the wording of Firing Squad.

Wolf Lancer 4
06-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Im not talking about using Rapid Fire on the Clone's guns for the "feat shot."

Im talking about using Rapid Fire on its guns during its activation as its "normal" attack. Are those Rapid Fire shots all boosted?

tuttleboy
06-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Yes they are all boosted.