PDA

View Full Version : Borka Bomb is it still possible?

Ricknetown
06-14-2010, 06:25 AM
Hey I'm confused (its not hard to do that to me )
Its about Borka Keg slayer

after reading the final play test rules stumbling drunk states that he cant be knocked down. so does that make the Borka bomb where you activate the pygmy give Borka +2 fury and stumbling drunk, and then a mauler two hand throws him at the enemy warcaster/warlock you then activate Borka feat and charge the caster and trama him or her into a mess puddle is that LEGAL Can i do that in mark two. at our game store some say yes some say no.

Help a new troll player out please

Hjelmen0
06-14-2010, 06:36 AM
No, it is not legal. If a model cannot be knocked down (for instance because of Stumbling Drunk), and wants to activate on the same turn it was thrown or slammed, it must still forfeit it's movement or action.

From Warmachine Prime Mk2:

If a thrown model cannot be knocked down it must still forfeit its action or movement if it activates later in a turn in which it was thrown.It is analogous for slams.

Ricknetown
06-14-2010, 06:39 AM
thanks man
I just got alittle excited there for a momant

Yaum
06-14-2010, 06:39 AM
Precisely. But I guess nothing stops you from throwing Borka directly at the enemy caster. Then Borka, who's under the effect of stumbling drunk gets to sacrifice movement and still attack.

So it's kinda legal

TheUnknownMercenary
06-14-2010, 06:40 AM
No because if a model is thrown and it cannot be knockdown because of an ability, it still has to forfeit movement or action. It's in the rules for Throws and Slams

If a thrown model cannot be knocked down it must still forfeit its action or movement if it activates later in a turn in which it was thrown.

blue loki
06-14-2010, 06:41 AM
Check the "Being Thrown" section of the rules for this situation:

If a thrown model cannot be knocked down it must

still forfeit its action or movement if it activates later in a turn
in which it was thrown.

The same rule is called out concerning Slams in the "Being Slammed" section.

So yes, you can throw Borka without him being knocked down, but he cannot charge afterwards since he must still forfeit movement or action.

Hjelmen0
06-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Yaum is correct though. If the model is thrown _at_ the target and the double-hand throw hits, he could forfeit his movement, leaving the action for attacking the now knocked down target. All assuming that the target is in melee range after the throw is resolved.

Ricknetown
06-14-2010, 07:09 AM
and with reach on Trama it is something to consider especially seeing how our store has alot of rivers that borka could be thrown over yeah sneaky troll win

Hjelmen0
06-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Yes, as long as you keep the rules in mind and remember to have him forfeit movement or action, meaning that charges are illegal when thrown and immune to knockdown.

Sorry for the confusion. I, and several others, have answered the question correctly!

Cambeul
06-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Which may be difficult since you cannot change your facing when Thrown, so you just have to make sure you deviate back towards your self if you miss.

Javaman
06-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Interesting corollary: what about the movement effects of Stumbling Drunk? According to the rules, after being hit by an enemy, Borka wanders D3 inches. Now, getting hit for the 2 Hand Throw isn't going to be a problem, but what about the damage accrued by flying face-first into say, Karchev? If he takes damage, will he wander away?

TheUnknownMercenary
06-14-2010, 04:44 PM
If Borka is two handed thrown by a troll and hits Karchev, then Stumbling Drunk will not trigger. The damage is from an attack from a friendly model.

You are saying that Borka being thrown, by one of his own trolls, into Karchev will not be collateral damage but is damage from an enemy attack, that is like falling of a cliff and saying that the ground rushed up and hit you.

Phlippieskezer
06-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Haha. I did something similar to this once.
I fielded pMadrak against an army with pStryker and some Long Gunners.
My Mauler throws pMadrak, hitting a Long Gunner at the very side of the group, pop my feat and cut through every model in the unit, then reach Stryker and beat the living daylights out of him.

Ricknetown
06-14-2010, 07:29 PM
What about this Dire troll throws borka or e madrack and the fel caller stands him up does he still have to forfeit action or movement cause i gots me some EMadrack as well

Malkav13
06-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Yep, because he was never knocked down, and thus cannot be stood up.

Hjelmen0
06-15-2010, 12:14 AM
EDIT: never mind

Stevo
06-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Check the "Being Thrown" section of the rules for this situation:

The same rule is called out concerning Slams in the "Being Slammed" section.

So yes, you can throw Borka without him being knocked down, but he cannot charge afterwards since he must still forfeit movement or action.

Sadly the most overlooked section of the rulebook, if the number of times this subject comes up on the forums is any indication.

As to the Fell Caller, you can't use Reveille to stand up in the same turn you were knocked down.

Aliengod3
06-15-2010, 01:06 AM
Haha. I did something similar to this once.
I fielded pMadrak against an army with pStryker and some Long Gunners.
My Mauler throws pMadrak, hitting a Long Gunner at the very side of the group, pop my feat and cut through every model in the unit, then reach Stryker and beat the living daylights out of him.

pMadrak's feat keeps going as long as you keep killing enemies?

Phlippieskezer
06-15-2010, 08:00 AM
pMadrak's feat keeps going as long as you keep killing enemies?

...That's how I read it and how everyone I know locally who plays Warmachine/Hordes tells me... Otherwise I need a rematch!

Hjelmen0
06-15-2010, 08:08 AM
If you need that cleared up, start another thread. You shouldn't expand the scope of the original question, or even worse, diverting it to another question all together.

Phlippieskezer
06-15-2010, 08:11 AM
If you need that cleared up, start another thread. You shouldn't expand the scope of the original question, or even worse, diverting it to another question all together.

Don't worry, I just did. All I really intended by the original post was that throwing can be a lot of fun.

Javaman
06-15-2010, 01:05 PM
If Borka is two handed thrown by a troll and hits Karchev, then Stumbling Drunk will not trigger. The damage is from an attack from a friendly model.

You are saying that Borka being thrown, by one of his own trolls, into Karchev will not be collateral damage but is damage from an enemy attack, that is like falling of a cliff and saying that the ground rushed up and hit you.

Dude, it was just a question. No need to get snotty about it.