PDA

View Full Version : Willfully leaving a units comand range

silverpuppy
06-14-2010, 09:30 AM
cygnar rangers are grouped up in a forest and they send one running off next to a model to get the mark the target bonus.

is this allowed knowing full well that said model is out of command range and it still gets the mark the target bonus even though it really cannot do anything else?

Hjelmen0
06-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Yes, it is allowed. Don't forget that out of formation troopers need to take an individual command check and so forth, but the passive effect of Mark The Target will still be in play.

Splurk
06-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Yes, it is allowed. Don't forget that out of formation troopers need to take an individual command check and so forth, but the passive effect of Mark The Target will still be in play.

I believe he won't have to make that command check until the beginning of their next activation, correct?

DemonCalibre
06-14-2010, 10:07 AM
End of the Activation
So a guy who runs out of formation must test ASAP

Zan
06-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Correct me if i am wrong but doesn't the rules state you can not voluntarily move a model out of formation and also does it not say you can measure your formation at any time during the unit's activation so you CAN'T because you always know your formation size during their activation? This is how it goes at my store which makes sense to me. If you can run said guy out then why even place the "you can not voluntarily move a model out of formation" bit in the rule book?

Crate123
06-16-2010, 02:58 AM
Gonna be awfully hard to move units if they cant move out of command range.

Hjelmen0
06-16-2010, 03:08 AM
Correct me if i am wrong but doesn't the rules state you can not voluntarily move a model out of formation and also does it not say you can measure your formation at any time during the unit's activation so you CAN'T because you always know your formation size during their activation? This is how it goes at my store which makes sense to me. If you can run said guy out then why even place the "you can not voluntarily move a model out of formation" bit in the rule book?
You are wrong. There is nothing in the Mk2 rules that say that a model cannot move out of formation.

There was such a prohibition in the very first iteration of the Warmachine field test. If you're still playing by that, I'd suggest that you get the current rules and read those. :)

Mootaz
06-16-2010, 04:20 AM
Hjelmen0 is correct.