PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Flameguard Cleansers

IridiumFire
06-15-2010, 04:50 AM
I've had a look through this Forum and have not seen anything that answers my query.

The Flameguard Cleansers have an order called 'Incinerate' that states that this is a Combined Ranged Attack (CRA). However, there is nothing I can find where the Cleansers have the :Combined-Ranged: advantage. I assume because the order states it is a CRA they do not need the symbol saying they can do it?

I only ask to prevent arguments in my local gaming club in the future lol

Thanks in advance! :)

rydiafan
06-15-2010, 05:10 AM
The Flameguard Cleansers have an order called 'Incinerate' that states that this is a Combined Ranged Attack (CRA). However, there is nothing I can find where the Cleansers have the :Combined-Ranged: advantage. I assume because the order states it is a CRA they do not need the symbol saying they can do it?

You are correct. This means the Cleansers may only use :Combined-Ranged: when they receive the order.

IridiumFire
06-15-2010, 06:15 AM
I see...

So, when a unit has a :Combined-Ranged: symbol, it works differently somehow to what the Cleansers do? (i.e. not an order??)

Just that I can't seem to find anything in the rulebook that states what this difference is?

Mod_Redphantasm
06-15-2010, 06:16 AM
As Cleansers making a CRA is specific to the order (and as this type of CRA carries special rules), cleansers do not get or need the :Combined-Ranged: icon.

silverpuppy
06-15-2010, 07:13 AM
think of it this way, if they had the cra icon on there card, they could make cras at any time without an order. by the special rules granting them the cra rule they can only make a cra during a turn they are ordered to incinerate. special rules trump core rules this is a case.

Picklechu
06-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Same as Arcane Tempest Gun Mages for Cygnar. Their order allows them to do a CRA.

IridiumFire
06-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks guys. Certainly cleared up my confusion!

Gradea
06-25-2010, 11:43 PM
I have a bit of confusion now myself. New player, first post, so sorry if the answer is obvious.

Does the attack have only the profile shown, or, like all combined attacks, does it get the +1 to hit and strength for each additional model contributing?

Oniwasabi
06-26-2010, 12:20 AM
All CRA's receive the +1 to attack and damage per model participating unless explicitly stated otherwise in the rules.

cagomega3
06-26-2010, 02:11 AM
but I guess FG cleansers gets the bonus only for the attack rolls, as the card talks about a pow 12 damage.

vintersbastard
06-26-2010, 02:29 AM
but I guess FG cleansers gets the bonus only for the attack rolls, as the card talks about a pow 12 damage.
You need that Pow for the attack in order to determine the basis for the damage roll. CRA then adds to that damage roll as usual.

If you look for a CRA that does not add to damage, take a look at the Deliverers' Rocket Volley.

bouncymischa
06-26-2010, 07:13 AM
Note that, for AOE CRA attacks like the Cleanser's Incinerate order or the ATGM's Arcane Inferno order, the blast damage from the attack gets the extra +1 to damage from each participating member as well.

The Deliverer's Rocket Volley is a unique case in that the damage rolls specifically do not gain this bonus. (They do still gain all the regular benefits of a CRA, such as the bonus to the attack roll, though.)