Why is it extreme?

Havock
03-07-2017, 05:04 AM
1- The L
2- Macho Man
3- Why not?

GildedBird
03-07-2017, 06:47 AM
I seriously cannot wait for the next NQ, I was gifted a Kraken and this will easily double it's use. I think I need to pay it forward and get my brother a Stormwall...

Leonard_Dukes
03-07-2017, 07:13 AM
What are the colossals wresting?
Who/what are they wresting from?
Why is it extreme?

It's exactly what it says on the tin:

http://i.imgur.com/0cqFudG.png

Yoshi6400
03-07-2017, 09:35 AM
You are all missing the most important question:

Is there going to be a wrestling variant for each initial Colossal and Gargantuan?

Grandmasterstevo
03-07-2017, 03:52 PM
It's exactly what it says on the tin:

http://i.imgur.com/0cqFudG.png

Is this official art and is there more!?!?!?!

odinsgrandson
03-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Ok, I dig.

Mod_PolarBearCub
03-07-2017, 04:33 PM
When the new NQ comes out it should have all the rules for this. Hoping its good stuff. Seems like itll be a lot of fun to see this.

ThatRickGuy
03-08-2017, 07:08 AM
As a minions player I am super excit... Ooh.. oh.

-Rick

Neomorte
03-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Is there a custom Board Size?
Like, do I need to build a 2x2 board with ropes and the whole 9 yards?

phoenixforger
03-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Like, do I need to build a 2x2 board with ropes and the whole 9 yards?

You probably don't NEED to, but that would be awesome.

Caelzair
03-09-2017, 10:19 PM
You forgot the actual most important question.... Why the hell did you guys misspell WRASSLIN?!

Jordan Peacock
03-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Now I need to track down one of those WWF play sets with the big plastic wrestling ring platforms, and "Iron-Kingdoms-ize" it with gratuitous gears, boilers, bronze, gunmetal, and rivets galore for some suitable terrain. Maybe I should use chains in place of ropes.

I just saw the title for this topic in the forums and thought, "Whaaaaaaaaaat?!" (curiosity click)

Charistoph
03-11-2017, 10:11 AM
Not to mention, building a non-gunned back for a Mammoth. Or do you think that artillery would be allowed in the ring?

Havock
03-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Not to mention, building a non-gunned back for a Mammoth. Or do you think that artillery would be allowed in the ring?

Only fires pyrotechnics during entrance.

thehoffman2787
03-12-2017, 03:15 PM

Its been done in real life, no reason your Gargantuan cant.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2isicu8.gif

Charistoph
03-13-2017, 07:47 AM

Good point, I hadn't thought of the showmanship angle. But shouldn't it be dropped once in the ring?

Next question, how does a snake wrestle? Boa style?

PPS_Hungerford
03-13-2017, 11:56 AM
Like, do I need to build a 2x2 board with ropes and the whole 9 yards? 30" x 30". The initial offering in the next NQ doesn't contain rules for every single Colossal / Gargantuan (there is one for each faction aside from Minions), an expansion is coming soon after that will have all of them though :)

Fabint
03-14-2017, 07:14 AM
30" x 30". The initial offering in the next NQ doesn't contain rules for every single Colossal / Gargantuan (there is one for each faction aside from Minions), an expansion is coming soon after that will have all of them though :)

So you're saying I have some time before I need to finish sculpting luchador masks on all of my Hydra's heads?

Havock
03-14-2017, 10:34 AM
Who are the in-universe announcers? Karchev and Severius? Old men nagging about the good old days?

PPS_Hungerford
03-14-2017, 10:50 AM
So you're saying I have some time before I need to finish sculpting luchador masks on all of my Hydra's heads? Hydra aka The B.O.A is an expansion model. It's Macho Mammoth for Skorne in the initial rules set.

PPS_Hungerford
03-14-2017, 10:52 AM
Who are the in-universe announcers? Karchev and Severius? Old men nagging about the good old days? In my head cannon, Sturm & Drang.

Dev Null
03-14-2017, 12:15 PM
Oh great. Now I have a mental image stuck in my head of a Storm Raptor crashing through the roof of the arena to land in the middle of the ring to the tune of Accadacca blaring Thunderstruck...

thehoffman2787
03-16-2017, 08:05 AM
I'm all down for Sturm & Drang if they are like JR and the King
I can't wait to try this to get an ECW Chant going

Corrigan
03-20-2017, 06:43 AM
Saw it played over the weekend. Had THE STONE take on THE LAWBRINGER. Some thoughts:

1. There is a ton of dice rolling in this, like, a ridiculous amount. The two guys playing had to borrow more dice for a single roll a few times, so throwing 6+ dice in a roll isn't terribly uncommon.

2. There is a ton of movement in this. Watching huge bases flip and twist and get thrown into the ropes was really entertaining.

3. The Action Point bet system is very cool. The fact that they are picked in secret really impacts decisions for the turn.

4. Ol' Danger Snake.

5. Bright, 90's-inspired spandex now needs to be procured in bulk.

PPS_Hungerford
03-20-2017, 07:57 AM
Saw it played over the weekend. Had THE STONE take on THE LAWBRINGER. Some thoughts:

1. There is a ton of dice rolling in this, like, a ridiculous amount. The two guys playing had to borrow more dice for a single roll a few times, so throwing 6+ dice in a roll isn't terribly uncommon.

2. There is a ton of movement in this. Watching huge bases flip and twist and get thrown into the ropes was really entertaining.

3. The Action Point bet system is very cool. The fact that they are picked in secret really impacts decisions for the turn.

4. Ol' Danger Snake.

5. Bright, 90's-inspired spandex now needs to be procured in bulk. Glad you enjoyed it!

SlenderBurrito
03-20-2017, 08:36 AM

4. Ol' Danger Snake.

Good thing I play Shadowrun, and have over 100d6 on me at any point in time. ;D
But honestly, I'm so curious to see how this plays.

MenothJohn
03-20-2017, 08:54 AM
I played this with my son, and we had the best time. Anyone looking to wrastle...look me up at Adepticon...TrollChuck and MenothJohn ARE Team Brushhead, the BEST tag team EVAR and you all will be #DELETED!!!

MenothJohn
03-20-2017, 08:55 AM
Also....we talk about the game on my show this week... https://youtu.be/OLgS_-DJaug

PPS_Hungerford
03-20-2017, 09:01 AM
I played this with my son, and we had the best time. Anyone looking to wrastle...look me up at Adepticon...TrollChuck and MenothJohn ARE Team Brushhead, the BEST tag team EVAR and you all will be #DELETED!!! Huzzah! Glad to hear so many good reports. It's always good when you hear that something you've created is bringing good times to fellow gamers.

Chikahiro
03-20-2017, 02:18 PM
Its been done in real life, no reason your Gargantuan cant.

*picture snipped*

Dammit... now I'm missing her again.

Anyhow - I'm looking forward to this silliness. Some of my more serious friends are lamenting this NQ because they see this as a waste of pages, but I'm quite the opposite :)

Corrigan
03-21-2017, 07:50 AM
Forgot to mention in my first post: There was a TON of "cream rises to the top" jokes. I loved it.

Charles_Carmichael
03-21-2017, 09:19 AM

4. Ol' Danger Snake.

I was the guy rocking THE STONE and I have to say I haven't had nearly so much fun with my Wrath in....well a long time! I'm kicking myself for not ordering this NQ ahead of time, because it's kind of all I want to play right now. (that's a problem with Seattle open this weekend).

Swiftblade
03-23-2017, 08:25 AM
I've seen this in action, man I really want those second wave colossal wrestlers rules soon. I want my Blightbringer to tag in for The Lawbringer when he's on the ropes!

ShadowFighter88
04-01-2017, 02:04 AM
How did I not know about this until No Quarter arrived yesterday? I don't watch wrestling at all and this looks awesome! Gonna see if I can get a game of it in next gaming night (BattleTech's just gonna have to wait another week or so before getting a look in).