PDA

View Full Version : Wrestler References?

Grandmasterstevo
03-24-2017, 07:52 AM
Really enjoying the new game section of NQ, and I've been pondering some conversion ideas since it was announced. That said, I'm struggling to figure out what some of the inspirations are for the wrestlers. Granted I'm not a hige wrestling fan, but I did watch ny fair share back in the day. Maybe as a community we can fill in some blanks.

Colossals Honestly I don't think many are based off actual wrestlers but I could be wrong.
Blue Thunder = John Cena
Kommandant Krusher = ?
Old Danger Snake = Jake the Snake Roberts?
The Lawbringer = ?
Big Bad Laser Daddy = Big Daddy Cool Diesel
Clockwork Commando = ?
Bilge Rat Brawler = Ric Flair?

Gargantuans
King of Giants = ?
The Stone = The Rock
Psycho Bee = Psycho Cid
Macho Mammoth = Macho Man

Some are so super obvious that I feel like I'm just missing the other references entirely. Help!

Soul Samurai
03-25-2017, 06:37 AM
Big Daddy Cool Diesel?

Grandmasterstevo
03-25-2017, 07:31 AM
Big Daddy Cool Diesel?

I think you're right!

Croatian Caver Cowboy
03-26-2017, 08:43 AM
Really enjoying the new game section of NQ, and I've been pondering some conversion ideas since it was announced. That said, I'm struggling to figure out what some of the inspirations are for the wrestlers. Granted I'm not a hige wrestling fan, but I did watch ny fair share back in the day. Maybe as a community we can fill in some blanks.

Colossals Honestly I don't think many are based off actual wrestlers but I could be wrong.
Blue Thunder = Jooooooooooooohn Cena(tuturutu)
Kommandant Krusher = dunno, he has the finisher of the Undertaker but the signature moves of the ultimate warrior
Old Danger Snake = Jake the Snake Roberts?
The Lawbringer = The Undertaker
Big Bad Laser Daddy = Big Daddy Cool Diesel
Clockwork Commando = just a robot
Bilge Rat Brawler = Ric Flair

Gargantuans
King of Giants = Wild Samoans
The Stone = The Rock
Psycho Bee = Psycho Sid
Macho Mammoth = Macho Man

Some are so super obvious that I feel like I'm just missing the other references entirely. Help!

There you go, men i love wrestling

Grandmasterstevo
03-26-2017, 08:50 AM
That's an extensive list! What are you basing these off of? Signature moves mostly?

Croatian Caver Cowboy
03-26-2017, 04:18 PM
That's an extensive list! What are you basing these off of? Signature moves mostly?

Blue thunder moves are john cenas moveset like for like, also he is the american hero

Bilge rat brawler is the dirtiest player in the game, both in moveset and fluffines(i think the galleon is way less cleaned than any other jack)

The king of mountains uses a variety of wild like moves, and his finisher is a samoan drop, the stone, going for movesets seems to be an amalgam betewn steve austin and the rock, with the peoples elbow AND the stunner as moves.

Psycho bee, fine i cheated in that one, truth his, his moveset seems more akin to a highflier wrestler compared to the brawler psycho sid was(who by the way broke his leg trying to make a top rope big boot once)

Lawbringer and Undertaker might be streching it a bit, specially because Krusher uses the piledriver, but considering the religious and gothic simbolism accross both wrestlers i could see the relationship, specially if you paint the lawbringer in black.

Grandmasterstevo
03-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Nice! I really can't wait to see some Macho Mammoth conversions. That dude was my favorite wrestler of all time.

Beest
06-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Psycho bee reminds me of Jimmy superfly snuka. And I imagine either kommandant or commando would be based off sgt slaughter, hell he was so cool he even got made into a gi Joe character.
and king of giants surely has to be Andre.