PDA

View Full Version : Blitzing Kraye (Storm Theme) 75pts Cygnar

Scribes
04-10-2017, 09:06 PM
So the point of this list is to engage hard and let the flankers and jumpers kill the key targets.

Blitzing Kraye - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Storm Division

(Kraye 1) Captain Jeremiah Kraye [+30]
- Hunter [11]
- Hunter [11]
- Minuteman [9]
- Minuteman [9]
- Minuteman [9]
- Stormclad [18]
- Stormclad [18]
- Squire [0(5)]
Storm Lances (max) [20]

So here is the plan:

Deployment:

Storm Lances Center with kraye center of them. Squire Attached to Kraye.
A Hunter is deployed Far Right and Left
Stormclads are adjecent to Stormlances. One to either Side.
Advanced Deply Minutemen to line up with hard targets or solos.

1st Turn:
Squire gives one focus to Kraye and runs up.
Kraye allocates no focus, cast easyrider, Casts Bullet Dodger on two Minutemen, waddles up repos five to get out of the way of stormlances and keeps minutemen in control range. Pockets the remaining focus. Squire Fallows.
Minute men bounce forward staying out of threat range.
Stormclads activate get focus and run forward. Repos to concelment if possible.
Stormlances Walk up and repo up.

2nd Turn:
Pay up keep Squire Triggers and gives kraye one focus and waddles up.
Kraye triggers allocates 1 focus to each minute man and hunter. Walks up and repos to safe spot Feats
Hunters pick targets boost shot and damge or boost cries as the repo back.
Minutemen laugh as they walkup bounce over enimy lines shot opposing caster, repo to back arc of models and flak field.
Stormclad charge after picking up thier two focus. Impact, Swing Hopefull kill the weaken hunter and or minutemen targets.
Stormlances Charge in, assult, impact, attack, pray the kill stuff.

3rd turn (If we have not yet won)
Drop Upkeeps, Squire first of course for sweet third focus.
Kraye Triggers Allocates focus to whatevers alive and hits hardest, everything up to max where possible. Shoots something.
Hunters Charge back arcs of targets and repo back or if a heavy move to back arc and boost and shot then repo futher behind enemy lines
Minutemen attempt to kill opposing caster by bouncing about to get near them. Gunfighter them in back arc if possible.
Stormcald that are alive try to clear new charge lanes for stormlances.
Stormlances that are able charge and kill new targets.

If there is a turn 4 I am most likely died or about to win. 75/25.

Tips, suggestions, Disgust?

Would this be a good tourney list?

If so explain why or why not.

Northstar24
04-11-2017, 05:01 AM
I can't speak to the viability of the list in a tournament setting, but as typed out I see a couple issues with your plan. You can't reposition after running during your activation (Turn 1 for Stormclads)

With the minuteman, you cannot reposition and then use flak field. If you're going to flak field it needs to be done before using reposition.

Ymihere
04-11-2017, 09:29 AM
It looks like a good list.

Here are some thoughts:
- I wouldn't bother pulling a focus from the squire turn one especially if Kraye will have some left over. There will be little assassination threat turn one, maybe if you are going second but still unlikely.
- Bullet Dodger is an upkeep so it can only affect one model at a time.
- You can't run and reposition, but you can trample and reposition which gets you farther up than running.

Scribes
04-11-2017, 10:51 AM
Thank you.

- Got it.
- Oh .... then my group and I have been making a lot of mistakes ....
- My fault there didn't even think of that when typing.

Scribes
04-11-2017, 11:02 AM
I can't speak to the viability of the list in a tournament setting, but as typed out I see a couple issues with your plan. You can't reposition after running during your activation (Turn 1 for Stormclads)

With the minuteman, you cannot reposition and then use flak field. If you're going to flak field it needs to be done before using reposition.

My fault ment trample there.

I did not know that so thank you. Does change the plan a bit but that is fine. First time using cavalry so I knew I was going to screw that up.

SlenderBurrito
04-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Light warjacks cannot trample, to my knowledge.