PDA

View Full Version : Bringing In Reinforcements!

Grandmasterstevo
06-28-2017, 07:54 AM
I'm trying to maximize the replayability of this new game because honestly it's the one our gaming group has the most fun with. I already plan on including the enemies from the IKRPG Unleashed box set since we have official rules for them in one of the downloadable campaigns, but that got me taking a longer look at the unused heroes...

Has anybody already or is anybody willing to homebrew stats and abilities for the 4 IKRPG Unleashed heroes? Now that we have a ton more characters and abilities and feats to choose from, do y'all think this is possible to do it with what already exists in the game? Even just straight character swaps would add something new. Maybe Longchops is a straight swap with Skarg? I'm trying to think simple as the less work, the more plausible it'll work out. The 4 Unleashed characters do have stat sheets too, but having not played IKRPG, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at.

Ideas? Links if it's already been done? Thanks!

sionnach19
06-28-2017, 09:26 AM
I've actually been kicking this idea around a little bit as well, simply to add more heroes to the mix. The most straightforward approach would probably be character swaps, since then you don't have to worry about printing new character sheets, feat cards, or abilities. In that case, I'd start looking at something like:

Longchops -> Skarg
Lurk -> Vaskis or Eilish
Gullin -> Colbie, maybe?
Zocha -> Hm... I think you could make a case for Lanyssa or Agata.

While something like this might be the easiest way to go about it, it's hardly a satisfying one. I'd be interested in doing some homebrew to come up with full character sets (stats, feats, abilities) for these guys. I don't own the Unleashed Adventure kit yet, but I'm certainly interested in being able to play as a Gator hero!

Grandmasterstevo
06-28-2017, 10:27 AM
Yesssss!

I wanted to avoid having to playtest and all that stuff, so I like this approach very much. Personally, I'm much more interested in the Unleashed and WW heroes than the UC or BRI ones, so I'd happily do a straight swap right off the bat. Definitely worth looking into as a community project though!

Caverblight
06-29-2017, 09:59 PM
I wonder if there's something to be done with an ally rule, similar to imperial assault. So you don't bring them as characters that can level up, but as characters who just have a set of abilities and can be controlled by the heroes. That would produce fewer logistical problems, and would also allow for quite a bit of variety.

This is a cool idea, and the gator with gun is one of my favorite minis that I own, so I support this.

odinsgrandson
07-03-2017, 06:37 AM
Yeah- I was really hoping for those four to have stats in the Undercity.

The Gullin mini already has stats as a villain (he was a pre-order incentive for the Undercity- he makes a pretty sweet elite villain).

I would really love to have those four heroes, but I'd really prefer they each feel unique (it doesn't seem right for Zocha to just use Agata's statline and abilities). Maybe I'm still hoping that they turn up in another hero expansion.

Mingo
07-04-2017, 11:29 AM
Where is the downloadable campaign featuring the Unleashed minis? Gotta link?

I seem to recall something in a NQ with farrow for The Undercity, but not a download.

Grandmasterstevo
07-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Here ya go bud!

http://privateerpress.com/files/076-078%20Undercity%20Scenario%20update_0.pdf

odinsgrandson
07-04-2017, 05:40 PM
The Pygmie Troll statline can be found on ICv2's website (https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/31766/retailer-launch-kit-iron-kingdoms-the-undercity)