PDA

View Full Version : NQ Prime #1 delveries

Northstar24
09-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Have subscribers gotten NQ Prime yet? I subscribed back in June. Do they normally arrive before the street date?

Preston
09-27-2017, 06:49 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet, which is very disappointing. :(

Scottie
09-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Still waiting on mine too...

Hephaestus
09-29-2017, 03:51 PM
I haven't received mine either.

It makes me wonder if they ship early to try to arrive on the release date, or if they ship on the release date and the magazines get to the customers a few days later. I hope it's not the latter, because it would be rather unfair to the people who paid more for a print subscription only to have to lag behind those who got the digital subscription.

Also, I wonder what method they ship by. Standard mail would be hell on the Eilish model.

Doktor Grym
09-29-2017, 10:40 PM
As of today, I haven't gotten mine in Michigan. Don't know where everyone else is at?

rantmo
09-30-2017, 01:40 PM
According to my subscription listing in the PP Store, mine has yet to even ship.

Woldwatcher
09-30-2017, 02:54 PM
I cannot in good conscience advise anyone to subscribe to this magazine. If they do not make an effort to get the product to subscribers before or equal to the people purchasing them off the shelf, then they obviously do not care enough to get my money when my subscription is up for renewal.
I am so aggravated about this.

Preston
09-30-2017, 07:41 PM
Yeah I'm really disappointed that I haven't gotten mine yet. One of the reasons I subscribe is so that I can get my issue by release date, and not have to drive to the store. Getting it after street date kinda sucks.

Doktor Grym
09-30-2017, 08:45 PM
I still haven't received mine. But I do know that the mini in the package could be causing sorting issues at the various postal facilities. I say be patient, I know shipping to the stores is a lot easier than the individual magazines.

rantmo
10-01-2017, 07:25 AM
I still haven't received mine. But I do know that the mini in the package could be causing sorting issues at the various postal facilities. I say be patient, I know shipping to the stores is a lot easier than the individual magazines.

I'd be less annoyed by the delay if there was any indication that my copy had actually shipped, but it's been "Processing" for five days now. Stuff happens during the shipping process and I understand that, but this sort of delay in shipping is both unusual for PP and kinda crummy in the context of subscriptions.

Tsunami1k
10-02-2017, 09:16 AM
I'd be less annoyed by the delay if there was any indication that my copy had actually shipped, but it's been "Processing" for five days now. Stuff happens during the shipping process and I understand that, but this sort of delay in shipping is both unusual for PP and kinda crummy in the context of subscriptions.

My last one was very late as well. It still shows as processing in the system. Still haven't gotten NQP#1 which meant I had to scrap plans to play Eilish in a tournament this past weekend. I won't be renewing and I probably won't be buying any from a store either after this sub ends.

Northstar24
10-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Still waiting.....

Spinballwizard
10-03-2017, 04:15 AM
Mine came in the mail yesterday. So I don't think it'll be too much longer.

Kavrae
10-03-2017, 07:14 AM
To repeat from another post elsewhere: I got mine in the mail yesterday. Definitely quite late. The exterior and the packaging were pretty roughed up, but the pages were fine.
The content of the magazine itself was good quality. No complaints here. No sure on Eilish yet as I haven't removed him from the plastic to check his quality yet.

Allen Koholic
10-03-2017, 07:23 AM
Mine came in yesterday. First time I've ever gotten NQ. Magazine seems nice so far, but I'm surprised there wasn't a section on Eilish, since he was included.

What I do want to comment on is the model - I'm pretty damned pleased with this one. This seems like a better material than the normal box sets, pretty sure it's the same resin used for solos. First time I've seen a full resin solo like this. Can all models be made using this material from now on? It's so much better to work with than the soft plastic. I would pay extra money. Plus, for once, the mold lines seem intelligently placed.

RentedTritium
10-04-2017, 04:55 AM
Just got mine yesterday in Florida.

It's a little light on iron kingdoms content but what's there is great. I wish it was a little thicker because the thin glossy cover wrinkles very easily and if it was even 6 pages thicker I think the spine wouldn't rumple.

The full art cover is the way of the future though. I'm happy to see a more modern layout.

The included model is also real good. It's the type of resin I like best, just like Haley3. Very easy to clean and the detail is outstanding. I'm a little miffed that the base has a slot. If you're making a custom sprue for just one model it seems strange not to use a slotless base, but I also get that they save a lot of time just using a base they have on hand for the master.

Overall very good and I'm glad I subscribed. I expect the later installments of the strangelight campaign to come with more mechanical content.

Also the model and the little ad card did convince me to sign up for mini-crate, so any PP staff that are reading this should pass that along.

E: oh and it was in a nice thick yellow mailer. Perfectly safe.

RentedTritium
10-04-2017, 04:57 AM
On that note, when I signed up for mini crate, was I supposed to link up my existing pp store credentials? It seemed like I had to make a separate account on mini-crate. Is that normal and/or did I miss any kind of no quarter subscriber discount by doing that?

Preston
10-04-2017, 01:56 PM
Mine came in today. Packaged in a nice yellow mailer safe and sound. I do like the new mailer, I hope they keep that for all of the NQ deliveries to keep them from getting messed up.

Dusk1983
10-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Are we supposed to get a shipping notice when the magazine is shipped? My FLGS (that told me they couldn't get it so I subscribed online) has gotten it on the shelves and has sold out, whilst I haven't even received a shipping notice? Order status in "my orders" on the PP store site still says "processing" under the status section?

Jacobi
10-10-2017, 10:18 PM
Mine arrived yesterday whithout any shipping notice. Order status in the PP store is still "proccesing".

The Aegis
10-16-2017, 06:19 AM
I'm still waiting for my copy (16/10). I contacted the customer support and never got a reply.
I would say that I'm not very happy to have decided to subscribe.

PPS_Josh
10-16-2017, 07:42 AM
I'm still waiting for my copy (16/10). I contacted the customer support and never got a reply.
I would say that I'm not very happy to have decided to subscribe.

I'm sorry to hear about this!

Could you please reach out to me at Josh@privateerpress.com

The Aegis
10-16-2017, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this!

Could you please reach out to me at Josh@privateerpress.com

Thanks Josh, I'll write you a mail right a away.

KnightsSorrow
10-25-2017, 01:37 PM
I know that shipping to Australia generally takes a long time, but I was wondering if there was anyone else from Australia who was also waiting for their copy?

Dusk1983
10-25-2017, 02:37 PM
Just got my copy last night

KnightsSorrow
10-25-2017, 05:45 PM
Just got my copy last night

That's somewhat reassuring. Since I'm from WA, and we're always the last to get things, I should hopefully get my copy by the end of this week, or early next week.

gilljoy
10-26-2017, 02:28 AM
Is there any update for deliveries to the UK? I ordered from a LGS and they're saying the items are still delayed in customs / the distributor didn't get enough etc.

Preston
11-27-2017, 02:24 PM
#2 still hasn't come in for me, which I'm giving some leeway for the holidays. Has anyone got their issue 2 yet?

rantmo
11-28-2017, 05:10 PM
Not only have I not received my copy, it's not even listed as one of my orders. I must say, this is very disappointing.

Preston
11-29-2017, 07:04 AM
@PPS_Josh mine isn't showing as a current order for me either. :(

de hagley
12-18-2017, 01:55 PM
Never mind...