PDA

View Full Version : Version number in downloadable pdf rules

Dev Null
10-12-2017, 12:27 PM
This is almost certainly the wrong place to post this, but I don't see anywhere else that looks more appropriate. So on the odd chance that someone sees this who has the ability to do anything about it:

I love that Privateer publishes their core rulebooks online in searchable pdfs, and updates them when major errata roll out. I love that SO much. D'you know what would make that even more super useful though? If those pdfs had, in some clear and obvious place like the page 1 title, the version number and release date. Apart from the filename - which my pdf reader is helpfully not showing me - there doesn't appear to be any way to tell which version you're looking at.

marxlives
03-02-2018, 08:17 AM
It is a good advice, I am a technical writer and version control is important, even in your deliverables. They do this with their cards and I agree it needs to expand to their core rule pdfs.

KavinCross
07-02-2018, 01:17 PM
I just ran into this the other day. Version numbers would be great.

Pinegulf
11-15-2018, 11:00 PM
This is almost certainly the wrong place to post this, Also: It would be nice to have proper place to post these.

midas
02-24-2020, 01:47 PM
since the current rules pfd starts with page number 4 (!!!!), a version number would indeed be most welcome after returning the missing 3 pages.