PDA

View Full Version : Company of Iron: Power Swell and related Mini feats

rabbit81
10-25-2017, 06:00 PM
Is there something I'm missing, or do the mini-feats for Precursor Knights, Wolves of Orboros, and Kayazy Underboss and such not really function in Company of Iron? They specify "This activation, models in this unit gain" something. But since those models are activating individually, the only model that can conceivably benefit from them are the Officers themselves, which seems off. Other examples include the Grapeshot ability on the Winter Guard Officer, Scouring Flames on the Flameguard Cleaser Officer, Divine Retribution on the Knights Exemplar Officer, Flawless Maneuvers on the Long Gunner Officer, and many more. So my question is twofold: Am I missing something that makes these abilities work as anything other than a buff on the model activating them, and is this the intention?

DarkLegacy
10-25-2017, 06:59 PM
We're looking into this. Hopefully an update will be ready shortly for it.

Emberwild
10-29-2017, 11:41 AM
The way we were playing it is as follows. "You activate the officer and use the mini feat. For the rest of the round models in the unit in the command range of the officer gain the ability." Might not be correct but it worked for us currently.

rabbit81
10-30-2017, 10:11 AM
The way we were playing it is as follows. "You activate the officer and use the mini feat. For the rest of the round models in the unit in the command range of the officer gain the ability." Might not be correct but it worked for us currently.

Since this question was posed, there was an update on the warroom wording. It now says that models activating in the CA's command range gain the ability. So your version was close, but requires starting in command and allows charging out of it