PDA

View Full Version : COI : casualty roll on an injured model

Raistlin13
10-26-2017, 04:24 AM
Sorry, I donít speak English well.

What happens when an injured model must make a casualty roll ?
Is he automatically incapacited or does he have to make a standard casualty roll (and so ignoring 3 to 6 results) ?

Thanks

solkan
10-26-2017, 04:38 AM
As far as I can tell, when an injured model performs a Casualty roll, you roll and apply the results from the chart (injured status doesn't stack). But then you go to the paragraph on page 27

After resolving a casualty roll, if the model is still disabled it becomes boxed. When a model is boxed, resolve any effects triggered by being boxed.
and continue on resolving the disabled-injured-boxed-destroyed sequence.

That appears to be the case whether the casualty roll is caused by activating the model or some other reason.

Acidburns
10-26-2017, 05:39 AM
There's a bit under attacks which notes that melee attacks and ranged attacks against injured models automatically hit and the model goes straight to boxed.

Any other damage rolls vs injured models send them right to boxed.

The Captain
10-26-2017, 05:41 AM
Yep. An injured model has a 1 in 3 chance to get worse and progress through the normal model destruction rules. It has a 1 in 3 chance to get better. And it has a 1 in 3 chance to stay injured as it was. You can improve your odds by having a friendly model base-to-base with the injured model, which grants you +1 to the roll.

Raistlin13
10-26-2017, 07:47 AM
There's a bit under attacks which notes that melee attacks and ranged attacks against injured models automatically hit and the model goes straight to boxed.

Any other damage rolls vs injured models send them right to boxed.
Yes that’s exactly what I was looking for. P21.
Thanks !

Polipotent
10-26-2017, 08:29 AM
It also says if your injured you can't be target by ranged or magic attacks outside of 0.5.

Emberwild
10-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Rules as written there is currently not a way to remove the injured status from a model. should the causality roll read as follows "On a roll of 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point and injured status from the model; the model is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down" added bold text.

solkan
10-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Rules as written there is currently not a way to remove the injured status from a model. should the causality roll read as follows "On a roll of 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point and injured status from the model; the model is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down" added bold text.

No, that text shouldn't change. What should happen is that the next paragraph should have two sentences added to it:
* A statement that removing 1 damage from an injured model cancels the injured status.
* A statement that removing 1 damage from a boxed model cancels the boxed status.

Then the text in the 5,6 result line becomes mostly reminders of the consequences of removing the damage point.

lanky19
10-29-2017, 01:21 PM
Scenario: a multi-wound model becomes disabled, but rolls a 3 or 4 on its casualty roll to remove 1 damage point and become injured. At the start of this model’s next activation, it does another casualty roll, and gets a result of 3, 4, 5, or 6, all of which day to remove 1 damage point, among other things. Am I correct to say that the model now has 2 unmarked damage boxes?

Emberwild
10-29-2017, 07:06 PM
No, that text shouldn't change. What should happen is that the next paragraph should have two sentences added to it:
* A statement that removing 1 damage from an injured model cancels the injured status.
* A statement that removing 1 damage from a boxed model cancels the boxed status.

Then the text in the 5,6 result line becomes mostly reminders of the consequences of removing the damage point.

Except for thw fact that injured also removes damage.

DarkLegacy
10-30-2017, 07:50 AM

Statement 1 isn't valid, as you can't remove damage from an injured model.
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?276502-COI-healing-injured-models

solkan
10-30-2017, 09:56 AM
Statement 1 isn't valid, as you can't remove damage from an injured model.
https://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?276502-COI-healing-injured-models

So is the 5,6 result supposed to remove both Injured and Disabled from the model?

Say, for example, the following sequence:
1. Model takes damage, gets to the casualty roll and rolls a 3 to become Injured.
2. The controlling player tries to activate the model, and after modifiers gets a 5 on the casualty roll.

Does the model remove Injured, remove disabled, and heal; or does the Injured status prevent the 5,6 result healing the model?

DarkLegacy
10-30-2017, 10:02 AM
So is the 5,6 result supposed to remove both Injured and Disabled from the model?

Say, for example, the following sequence:
1. Model takes damage, gets to the casualty roll and rolls a 3 to become Injured.
2. The controlling player tries to activate the model, and after modifiers gets a 5 on the casualty roll.

Does the model remove Injured, remove disabled, and heal; or does the Injured status prevent the 5,6 result healing the model?
If you roll a 5 or 6 on a casualty roll, the model removes the Injured status, heals 1, removes the disabled, and either replaces the token with the knockdown marker or puts out the knockdown status if it wasn't injured before hand.

Pluribus
10-30-2017, 10:03 AM
Where does it say that it removes the injured status?

DarkLegacy
10-30-2017, 10:05 AM
Where does it say that it removes the injured status?
I am telling you that it does, as per Dev intent. When an errata comes down, it is possible for it to be in there.

asm0dai
10-31-2017, 03:58 AM
If you roll a 5 or 6 on a casualty roll, the model removes the Injured status, heals 1, removes the disabled, and either replaces the token with the knockdown marker or puts out the knockdown status if it wasn't injured before hand.

One additional question, please.

What will be going on in this situation:

1) We have a trooper which is already in the "injured" status.
2) At the beginning of the activation we need to make casualty roll.

What will be going on in case of:

1-2 - well, the trooper is dead, no questions here;
5-6 - the trooper will change it's status as you wrote;
3-4 - what's here??? As far as I can understand - the trooper will retain the "injured" status as if nothing changes? And - what next? He/she/it can even stand up (forfeiting the Movement or Action phase)?

Can you explain, please?

The Captain
10-31-2017, 04:53 AM
One additional question, please.

What will be going on in this situation:

1) We have a trooper which is already in the "injured" status.
2) At the beginning of the activation we need to make casualty roll.

What will be going on in case of:

1-2 - well, the trooper is dead, no questions here;
5-6 - the trooper will change it's status as you wrote;
3-4 - what's here??? As far as I can understand - the trooper will retain the "injured" status as if nothing changes? And - what next? He/she/it can even stand up (forfeiting the Movement or Action phase)?

Can you explain, please?

He'll stay injured until someone kills him or until you activate him next time, at which point you'll roll again. He basically just misses his turn.

asm0dai
10-31-2017, 06:01 AM
He'll stay injured until someone kills him or until you activate him next time, at which point you'll roll again. He basically just misses his turn.

Why "misses his turn"? Why can't he (she? it?) even stand up (since strict wording tells us - "...on a roll of 3 or 4, remove 1 damage point from the model; the model is no longer disabled and becomes injured." - aaand the "injured" status apply the "knocked down" status to the affected model - aaand this model is/was already knocked down and "injured" aaand "knocked down" statuses cannot be stacked one upon another)?

This is broken, from my point of view:

- lower hit-points of a model to zero;
- perform the casualty roll and get 3-4 right after the "killing" attack;
- activate the model - perform the casualty roll and get 3-4 again -- THE QUESTION!;
- stand up, forfeiting the Movement or Action -- we can do this, can't we? 1 HP healed back, right, "injured" status is applied which means the model is knocked down - but I can't see why this model can't stand up?
- * do something non-important.. I dunno - walk away or go tie some shooter in front of you *
- * be alive at the next activation *
- perform the casualty roll AGAIN, next activation - get 5-6, for example
- immediately "heal" the "injured" status - to receive the "knocked down" status, again :-)
- lay down with K/D-status... To be killed again! :-)

EDIT: The example above is not correct because the model which was knocked down - cannot stand up in the same turn. But the situation still looks broken - just "slide" my example one turn "forward". The "injured" model just rolls 3-4 the next turn after the turn it was "injured" first time.

DarkLegacy
10-31-2017, 06:52 AM
Page 27 of the Core Rules.

Injured models (p. 7) remain in play but cannot activate normally. A player who chooses to activate an injured model must make another casualty roll first, adding +1 to the roll if any friendly battle ready models are B2B with the injured model.

If it cannot activate normally, it cannot activate. It loses its turn.

asm0dai
10-31-2017, 07:14 AM

Ah! My mistake. OK this is clarified -- what about the other situation? Injured model rolled 3-4 on the casualty roll.

DarkLegacy
10-31-2017, 07:22 AM
Ah! My mistake. OK this is clarified -- what about the other situation? Injured model rolled 3-4 on the casualty roll.
If an injured model rolls a 3 or a 4 on a casualty roll, it remains injured and loses its activation.

Leonard_Dukes
10-31-2017, 07:27 AM

Injured models (p. 7) remain in play but cannot activate normally. A player who chooses to activate an injured model must make another casualty roll first, adding +1 to the roll if any friendly battle ready models are B2B with the injured model.

Just to be clear, it can activate, but at the expense of another casualty roll first, right? Or does something special have to happen in order to allow the player to choose to activate it?

DarkLegacy
10-31-2017, 07:37 AM
Just to be clear, it can activate, but at the expense of another casualty roll first, right? Or does something special have to happen in order to allow the player to choose to activate it?
You choose to activate a model with an injured token on it, roll a casualty roll. If said roll results in a 1 or 2, the model continues through destruction. If it results in a 3 or 4, it doesn't get to continue to activate, and its activation ends. If it results in a 5 or 6, the model loses injured, the token is flipped to knocked down, and the model may continue its activation normally.

asm0dai
10-31-2017, 11:01 AM
Thank you for your answers, DarkLegacy. It was a thorny road. But please, PLEASE, tell boys to put all of this in a form of some additional text into the Core Rules, please?

DarkLegacy
10-31-2017, 11:11 AM
Thank you for your answers, DarkLegacy. It was a thorny road. But please, PLEASE, tell boys to put all of this in a form of some additional text into the Core Rules, please?
All of this text exists within the rulebook already. I'm not sure what else you'd like added.

Leonard_Dukes
10-31-2017, 11:22 AM
All of this text exists within the rulebook already. I'm not sure what else you'd like added.

Probably the part where the Injured state is removed on a casualty roll of 5 or 6 (which you've already addressed as maybe being in the next errata), and the part where a model that becomes (or remains) Injured immediately ends its activation.

Also, I don't think this question was addressed by anyone:

Scenario: a multi-wound model becomes disabled, but rolls a 3 or 4 on its casualty roll to remove 1 damage point and become injured. At the start of this model’s next activation, it does another casualty roll, and gets a result of 3, 4, 5, or 6, all of which day to remove 1 damage point, among other things. Am I correct to say that the model now has 2 unmarked damage boxes?

DarkLegacy
11-15-2017, 09:10 PM
Probably the part where the Injured state is removed on a casualty roll of 5 or 6 (which you've already addressed as maybe being in the next errata), and the part where a model that becomes (or remains) Injured immediately ends its activation.

Also, I don't think this question was addressed by anyone:
Checking...