PDA

View Full Version : CoI Mercenaries and Minions

Gabbi
10-29-2017, 12:45 PM
It seems that in CoI Mercs and Minions are separate factions, and you can't play Mercs that are also Minions in a Minion force. What matters, it seems, it's the card graphics. Am I correct?
Ogrun bokur appears in both decks in WarRoom. Is it intentional or a bug?

solkan
10-29-2017, 12:49 PM
It seems that in CoI Mercs and Minions are separate factions, and you can't play Mercs that are also Minions in a Minion force. What matters, it seems, it's the card graphics. Am I correct?
Ogrun bokur appears in both decks in WarRoom. Is it intentional or a bug?

Where did you get the idea that a Mercenary Minion model isn't useable in both Mercenary and Minion forces?

Gabbi
10-29-2017, 12:56 PM
Because they do not appear in WarRoom respective decks (the only one is the aforementioned Ogrun Bokur). No Eilish or Raluk in Minion deck, for example.

Azahul
10-29-2017, 06:54 PM
The Company of Iron rules specifically cite an example rule interaction in which Gudrun the Wanderer (Minion) is benefitting from Sergeant Nicholas Verendrye's Field Medic rule.

A strict reading of the rules also makes it seem like the two are compatible. Models that are Mercenaries and Minions are both Mercenary and Minion models, so they are Faction models for both Factions.

Given how unreliable War Room has been with this update, I'm not sure I'd take its omission of certain models as a rule without some additional evidence.

DarkLegacy
10-30-2017, 10:05 AM
It is a bug that Dev is already aware of. Mercenary Minion models are usable in both factions.

Gabbi
10-30-2017, 01:03 PM
Good to hear. Thank you.