PDA

View Full Version : CoI: Convergence Infantry and the Variable Rule

Clement
10-30-2017, 08:08 AM
All the convergence heavy infantry have the Variable rule in one form or another, which says (in the case of Eradicators):

Variable (Melee) - At the start of this unit's activation, choose one of the following special rules. The unit's melee weapons gain the following special rule chosen for one round.

This starts to get weird when you think of it turn over turn. For reference:

A round is measured from the first activation of a
model at the beginning of a new round until the
end of the last modelís activation. Effects with a
duration of one round that are created by a modelís
rules continue past the end of a round. A game
effect created by the affected modelís own rules
expires at the end of that modelís next activation or
at the end of the round in which it was triggered,
whichever occurs last. A game effect created by a
model other than the affected model has the same
duration, unless it is also affecting the model that
created the effect.

So Eradicator A activates first on turn 1, and chooses an option for Variable, then that variable condition should last for the whole unit until the end of Eradicator A's activation in turn 2. But then at the top of turn 2, Eradicator B activates and gets to pick variable again for the whole unit, picking the second because heck why not. That means that for the rest of turn 2, until Eradicator A finally activates anyway, that they get both variables?

WeAreLegion
10-30-2017, 08:23 AM
The Eradicators Variable[Melee] rule has been updated for COI and specifically states "At the start of this models activation....until the beginning of this models next activation". It's no longer for the whole unit.

Clement
10-30-2017, 08:31 AM
The Eradicators Variable[Melee] rule has been updated for COI and specifically states "At the start of this models activation....until the beginning of this models next activation". It's no longer for the whole unit.

I could have sworn it didn't say that 2 days ago... thanks!

edit: huh, the summary still shows the old rule. I guess I'll take this to the war room bug forum.

DarkLegacy
10-30-2017, 10:09 AM
I have verified WarRoom, it shows the correct rule. What summary are you talking about?

Clement
10-30-2017, 12:20 PM
I have verified WarRoom, it shows the correct rule. What summary are you talking about?

Go to War, add an army containing Eradicators. Tap on their name rather then their picture and you're taken to a summary with their "critical information like Attributes, Rules, Spells and Feats" (to reference the help docs)

DarkLegacy
10-30-2017, 12:24 PM
Submit the bug to warroom@privateerpress.com.