PDA

View Full Version : CoI Primal and Trample Questions

x_Llokii_x
10-31-2017, 11:40 AM
Questions on Primal. Since the beast auto-frenzies, does this just mean it makes a threshold check and takes damage, but doesn't lose it's activation next round? And if it doesn't exceed it's threshold on the Primal frenzy, does it not take any damage at all?

Also, I don't see rules for Trample in the books, but some lights have trample power attack (Razorwing Griffon for example). Can they use trample in CoI?

DarkLegacy
10-31-2017, 11:53 AM
When a warbeast would Frenzy, it rolls 2d6 and compares it to its Threshold. The warbeast takes a point of damage for each point that the roll exceeds the Threshold. You do not take damage if you roll less than Threshold.
Frenzy is Company of Iron does not cause your warbeast to do anything more than take the damage.

I'm working on the trample question.

x_Llokii_x
10-31-2017, 11:55 AM
Thanks DarkLegacy :)

x_Llokii_x
11-02-2017, 08:58 AM
Any update on the Trample ability, DarkLegacy?

Leonard_Dukes
11-02-2017, 09:57 AM
Any update on the Trample ability, DarkLegacy?

He'll let us know once he knows.

The devs and Infernal crew are probably quite busy right now since the latest CID cycle just hit, so patience is key.

x_Llokii_x
11-08-2017, 10:34 AM
Anyone have an answer on this (Trample portion)?

Nerzule
11-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Anyone have an answer on this (Trample portion)?

Bumping will get your thread locked. Rules questions can take months to answer at times, so you just have to wait.

x_Llokii_x
11-08-2017, 02:27 PM
Bumping will get your thread locked. Rules questions can take months to answer at times, so you just have to wait.

That's not very comforting for a new game they're promoting, if that's the case.

Malkav13
11-08-2017, 08:51 PM
That's how it has always been though. Time is taken for things that require more questioning and insight.

The Captain
11-09-2017, 03:54 AM
That's not very comforting for a new game they're promoting, if that's the case.

In case of unforeseen interactions, isn't it better that they take the time it needs to make sure whatever they answer will work and not possibly break something else, rather than give a hasty answer and need to get back to it and change it later?

In the meantime, as intelligent beings, I'm sure we can come up with a temporary solution in our own gaming groups. Personally, I'd just use the Trample rules from Warmachine/Hordes.

x_Llokii_x
11-09-2017, 09:23 AM
In case of unforeseen interactions, isn't it better that they take the time it needs to make sure whatever they answer will work and not possibly break something else, rather than give a hasty answer and need to get back to it and change it later?

In the meantime, as intelligent beings, I'm sure we can come up with a temporary solution in our own gaming groups. Personally, I'd just use the Trample rules from Warmachine/Hordes.

I get it can/should take longer for an unforeseen interaction, but this is a Core power attack rule, not an unforeseen interaction.

I also agree with using a temporary solution, and I'm personally going to allow it in my games until I hear otherwise. All I'm saying is that it shouldn't take weeks to know if a core (Warmachine) rule was intentionally left out or not, as this does have a great impact on certain models that are allowed in CoI.

This is not intended to be a jab at anyone at PP, I know you all are busy and working on getting an answer.

DarkLegacy
11-09-2017, 09:32 AM
An errata is being developed for Company of Iron. Trample should be played as per Warmachine/Hordes rules for now, until it gets its own version in the errata/rulebooks.

DarkLegacy
11-15-2017, 08:52 PM
It is in the Rules Addendum found here: http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/game-rules-errata