PDA

View Full Version : Eilish Garrity and NQP1 out of stock

midas
01-01-2018, 05:48 PM
so, the mini and the magazine are out of stock where i live and it looks like there is no restock available. with this model being a rather pivotal figure in powerful lists, is there any sign of a relief of some form in the near future?

Cyel
01-03-2018, 02:20 AM
He's just a guy in a coat with a book and a skull. It should be very easy to convert a model to fit this or find a suitable replacement.

midas
01-08-2018, 07:59 PM
https://privateerpress.com/organized-play/tournament-conversion-policy

Cyel
01-09-2018, 03:43 AM
And ... ? It doesn't force anyone to use the exact model, does it ?

First of all it doesn't affect the majority of players worldwide, because I'd guess most independent event organisers just look at the golden rule :

If the EO cannot independently, easily, and accurately determine which model your conversion represents, the model is not tournament legal.

so, as I said, iconic elements like skull, book, flowing robes/cloak are all that is needed.

Even if you want to take part in some official, PP endorsed events that follow all rules presented on the page, you still have a lot of options to build the desired conversion from PP parts. Take, say, Orin (or one of the other dozen PP models in flowing coats/robes), remove the rod, add the skull and the book, enjoy your conversion :)

midas
01-13-2018, 12:55 PM
the model is not available ANY LONGER.
what if i am too unskilled to make a convincing conversion according to the posted rules?
i feel screwed over as a customer.

Cyel
01-14-2018, 02:21 AM
what if i am too unskilled to make a convincing conversion according to the posted rules?

Please, do not take it as being harsh, it's genuine, honest advice :). Maybe it's an opportunity to try and learn this really basic, rudimentary skill that is extremely useful in the wargaming hobby ? Note that we're not talking about scratch-building an entire Hooch Hauler as a first conversion project (THIS is the kind of paywall that is screwing customers over IMO!), but a simple hand swap, more of kitbashing than a conversion, really.

And even if someone has hooks for hands due to an unfortunate pirranha tank accident, there's the last option : commisioning one. It will probably be very cheap, as it is a 10 minute job.

Emberwild
02-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Eilish will hit stores at an undisclosed date.