PDA

View Full Version : Hydra Problem

Rising Noma
06-29-2010, 05:11 PM
This has probably been asked before but I has a quick question about the Hydra for Retribution. What's the maximum amount of focus that it can store? I was under the assumption that it was the vanilla 3 but I've heard other things as well.

Started Retri less than a week ago trying to get up to steam with them. Thanks for helping a noob out :)

hausdorff space
06-29-2010, 05:22 PM
There is no limit.

You cannot ever allocate to it so that it would end up with more than 3 focus.
However it's kinetic capacitor doesn't allocate focus, so it can gain more than 3 focus that way.

MagnusDarkPrince
06-29-2010, 06:04 PM
just remember, that if it already has 3 or more focus on it you cannot allocate it any, meaning no focus from your caster or any focus adding ability that says the word "Allocate" but anything that says add a focus like its aforementioned ability can still be used to give it focus.

Rising Noma
06-29-2010, 08:36 PM
That... wow... that's just... wow...

I knew there was a reason I loved this army =). Thanks for the help guys!

DonJean
06-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Just don't let eHaley near him or she will do bad things

admanb
06-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Just don't let eHaley near him or she will do bad things

What can eHaley do?

Pink Foam!
06-29-2010, 09:57 PM
What can eHaley do?

Nothin'. Don't worry about it.

admanb
06-29-2010, 10:12 PM
lol.

Well, I'm wondering. The only trick I can think of that would affect the Hydra is Domination, and you can't spend focus on that attack.

FearLord
06-29-2010, 10:51 PM
lol.

Well, I'm wondering. The only trick I can think of that would affect the Hydra is Domination, and you can't spend focus on that attack.

But you can attack with the gun (which gets +1 RNG and POW for each focus point on it) - 2 squads of Long gunners double tapping into a Hydra, knock down the enemy caster some how (slam, etc) then dominate the Hydra - hitting on a 3+ with say POW 42 (30 hits from 40 shots hitting on 5's...) - that's going to leave a mark...

If you fail to get the result you want, a stormsmith walks up and takes all the focus off...

DonJean
06-30-2010, 01:53 AM
FearLord sums it up though I prefer trenchers and that stromsmith is essensial.