PDA

View Full Version : Throwing your own things?

hendybadger
07-01-2010, 03:06 AM
I have been have a discussion onver on the Merc forum about a new Talion Charter force Im starting.
Someone then came up with a plan for using the Freebooter to throw the Commadore Cannon, then the crew following and firing with it.
I wasnt very sure if this was possible so I thought I would ask over here in the rules section and not take the other thread off track.

So, Can you throw the cannon with one of your own Jacks?
And then have the crew follow and fire in the same turn?
If so, How does it all work together?

Thanks in advance

Mod_Redphantasm
07-01-2010, 03:26 AM
No reason why you couldnt. You basically just thrown the cannon, have the crew walk after it, and then (assuming one gets into B2B with it) perform the Fire! and Gunnery special actions.

Works in a fairly straight forward manner, provided you devote a Jack to the back lines and focus points to the throwing.

NmoLvr
07-01-2010, 04:18 AM
From 'Being Thrown:'

If a thrown model cannot be knocked down it must still forfeit its action or movement if it activates later in a turn in which it was thrown.

That would put a stop to it, wouldn't it? The Commodore could not activate later in the same turn it was thrown despite being immune to knockdown.

Hjelmen0
07-01-2010, 04:21 AM
The Commodore never activates, it is just used for making ranged attacks. And it cannot be knocked down either:

Heavy Artillery
This model is not a warrior model. It does not activate but can advance up to 1˝ for each Crewman B2B with it at the beginning of its unitʼs activation. If this model is moved during its unitʼs activation, Crewmen in the unit cannot make a Fire! special attack that activation. This model is automatically hit by melee attacks. This model cannot be knocked down or made stationary.

NmoLvr
07-01-2010, 04:25 AM
I read that before I posted, but somehow missed the 'does not activate' part. :)

Mod_Redphantasm
07-01-2010, 05:02 AM
I read that before I posted, but somehow missed the 'does not activate' part. :)

Even if it did activate, it doesn't need it's movement to shoot, only it's action.

You could do the same thing with say a Defender (not that you would) throw it, forfeit movement to stand up, then shoot.

FearLord
07-01-2010, 05:18 AM
Even if it did activate, it doesn't need it's movement to shoot, only it's action.

You could do the same thing with say a Defender (not that you would) throw it, forfeit movement to stand up, then shoot.

No, you have to be immune to knock down - and forfeit the movement. If you are knocked down in your own turn, you can't stand up until your following turn - Prime Mk2 p. 64.

hendybadger
07-01-2010, 05:26 AM
So, all in all it is a possible option for the cannon?

FearLord
07-01-2010, 05:30 AM
So, all in all it is a possible option for the cannon?

Yes. (Nothing to see here)

NmoLvr
07-01-2010, 05:35 AM
No, you have to be immune to knock down - and forfeit the movement. If you are knocked down in your own turn, you can't stand up until your following turn - Prime Mk2 p. 64.

Aha! That's what I've been thinking of. :) I was sure there was more to it, but I couldn't remember why. I'm glad I'm not completely nuts (at least on this topic, anyway).